Cookham Discussion Board

General Category => General Cookham Discussions => Topic started by: Thames Valley Police on December 06, 2017, 02:31:44 PM

Title: How To Report Rural Crime
Post by: Thames Valley Police on December 06, 2017, 02:31:44 PM
from Neil Hawkins (Police, Communications Officer, Forcewide)

If you become a victim of rural crime or suspect that a crime has taken place, you should report it to police by calling the non-emergency number, 101. If an incident is in progress, or there is an immediate threat to life, you should call 999.

Important details to note when reporting an incident include the date, time and details of what you have seen, along with a description of any people or vehicles involved. This aide memoire can be printed out and kept at home or in your vehicles for easy access in the event of an incident:

By reporting incidents to the police you can help to build resilience and reduce the impact of rural crime on your local community. There are often fewer witnesses to rural crimes and greater opportunities for criminals to target isolated properties and businesses. The effect of these crimes can also be greater, with people feeling more vulnerable due to their remote location.