Cookham Discussion Board
April 20, 2018, 02:14:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
19 April 2018 - Open Minds - The Teenagers Debating Group

22 April 2018 - Odney Club - Open Garden

24 April 2018 - Give Blood at the Pinder Hall

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Want to gauge interest for a car club in Cookham  (Voting closed: July 25, 2008, 12:34:20 PM)
Yes I'd use it - 4 (80%)
No thanks - 1 (20%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Car club for cookham ?  (Read 3557 times)
A
« on: July 15, 2008, 12:34:20 PM »

I've been reading up on car clubs, and our nearwest one is in Reading. (http://www.commonwheels.org.uk/index.html)

I had a chat with them and asked if there was an option of setting one up in Cookham.

Several of us on the train have second cars that do nothing most of the time, so the option of having a car club instead is quite attractive.

So as a first step I'd like to know how many others in Cookham would use a car club if there was one.
marilyn

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 11:30:49 AM »

I will interested to see how this develops

It was disappointing that the Cookham Plan did not apparently explore moves in the direction of the Transition Towns movement and how we might all be persuaded towards life style changes that would encourage/enable less car use
JB
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 11:52:18 AM »

The Traffic and Transport section of the Cookham Plan was later witheld and is currently being reviewed, so now is the time to make suggestions here, Marilyn.

What life style changes to encourage/enable less car use do you feel would work in Cookham, and how could they be put into practice?

Please tell us your ideas and be as specific as you can, as this is a subject that will interest many people.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: