Cookham Discussion Board
June 23, 2018, 09:07:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
23 June 2018 - Charity Bake Sale

23 June 2018 - Cookham Dean Primary School Summer Fete

23 June 2018 - Cantorum Choir - Stars of the Summer Night

24 June 2018 - Cookham Dean Charity Croquet and Tennis Tournament

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Driver taking photographs of other drivers in Cookham  (Read 16464 times)
Marlow Free Press

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2008, 06:25:39 PM »

Hi there,
We're doing a story next week on this for the Marlow Free Press and may be interviewing the man concerned.
I'd like to hear your views on what he's doing.
If you want to contact me you can either e-mail jnadal@london.newsquest.co.uk or call me on 01494 755 089.

many thanks and hope to hear from you,
James Nadal
olly_small@hotmail.com

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2008, 09:44:22 PM »

I like the "buy him a cape and spandex suit and call him Captain Road Warrior" idea. Can I suggest that he also straps a blue flashing police light to his head to top of the outfit? 
Next he will be dressing up in camouflage, and hiding in bushes telling people off for bad manners and loitering. I just cant believe some people have enough time to do something like this. He must spend a fortune driving around trying to catch people in the wrong.
I doubt very much that this person is perfect, so why should he waste his time picking on other peoples faults.

I do agree that it is wrong to drive whilst using a mobile etc, but why he needs to comment on illegally spaced number plates, and bad parking is beyond me!
Hot Rod
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2008, 10:04:00 PM »

I agree olly, complaining about badly spaced number plates, how sad and lonely can you get. On the other hand naming and shaming the idiots who seem to think they can drive round with a mobile phone in one hand taking a sharp corner at the same time, please name and shame them.
Fortune

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2008, 04:46:59 PM »

Some of these threads are symptomatic of life today, a daily life that is getting more difficult, more negative, depressing etc. etc.

In the words of Obama recently, we expect the government to improve our lives, to keep to their promises etc. etc. but we are responsible for our health, our children, our finances, our happiness and every single element of our lives, we are the only beings in this world who have free will choice,  use it wisely.

If you feature on the  'betterdrivingplease' site, then you are driving badly!  Accept responsibility for your own driving and concentrate on improving it.

Stop hurrying, turn your mobile off or get a hands free kit, take care of other drivers instead of cutting them up, making them brake because you  have to be in front of them rather than wait for them to pass, give way more and people will give way to you.

The standard of driving has gone down even in the last couple of years so I welcome this site.  I dont feature on it yet but I will be turning my mobile off and try to be a better driver.
James Hatch
Golden Hatch

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2008, 05:38:17 PM »

Now I am going to get some squeaks and squawks on this idea. Every car & motor cycle be fitted with a sealed black box so that periodically the law can download to see the speeds you are doing in certain areas. Very similar to the old hub logs that are fitted to long distance lorries. This would clip the wings of the speed merchants where it hurts in the "Wallet"
Blokebbb

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2008, 05:54:55 PM »

James that sounds a stupid idea (no offense), it would cost me a fortune. Personally I don't see the issue with speeding, so long as you only talk on the mobile and don't text with your head down. Driving on the phone (talking/listening only) actually makes me drive better, a bit like when I've had a pint or two.
James Hatch
Golden Hatch

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2008, 06:10:04 PM »

There is your first speeding "SQUAWK"
Driver
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2008, 09:51:38 AM »

This is a patently ridiculous idea.

The arbitary speed limits don't really have any bearing on the road conditions.
Many 30mph zones should be reduced to 20mph, in some cases e.g. school lane you should only really be going at a max of 15 mph as it's so narrow and there are kids running around.

However 70mph on a motorway is far too low, there are many times that i've been on the motorway early in the morning in dry conditions where it's perfectly safe to drive at 120mph*
*Alledgedly people do drive at this speed.
Other times in poor conditions or in busy traffic it's only safe to drive at 60mph on the same motorway.

It would make far more sense for the police to ignore speeding entirely and focus on stopping people for dangerous driving whether that be at 120mph or 30mph......

Of course that would mean we'd actually need more police on the beat instead of those wretched tax cameras.
Steve
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2008, 10:11:22 AM »

On the subject of speeding, wasn't there a decision made by the RBWM back in April to reduce the speed limit in Dean Lane to 30mph?

The speed limit signs still show 40mph, which is very dangerously fast, particularly around Herries School and in Cookham Dean Bottom, where it's very narrow in places.

After five months or so, can someone please tell us why hasn't this been done?
Resident
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2008, 11:32:04 PM »

Councillor John Stretton has said: Indeed the speed limit WILL be changed and the public were advised of this.

But to carry out the legal requirements for changing a major speed limit can take six to nine months by the time the Ministry of Transport will have agreed to it.

The new 30 mph speed limit will be in place hopefully by the end of October.
CH

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2008, 10:32:50 AM »

i think it's quite tricky to drive most of that road safely at 30mph.
Roger
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2008, 12:14:34 PM »

CH just because a speed sign says 40 does not mean you must drive at that speed. In some tiny lanes rural lanes for example there is an unrestricted speed limit, but people are supposed to drive at a speed that it is safe to do so and can be hauled up for careless/dangerous driving if they don't.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: