Cookham Discussion Board
June 21, 2018, 01:53:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
19 June 2018 - Medical Detection Dogs

19 June 2018 - Part 1 Speak Out

21 June 2018 - Baroque Ensemble Red Priest

21 June 2018 - Open Minds - The Teenagers Debating Group

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Visitors would recommend Windsor and Maidenhead to their friends  (Read 4048 times)
RBWM Press Release

« on: December 10, 2010, 11:56:02 AM »

The majority of visitors to Windsor and Maidenhead take away happy memories and are likely to recommend the towns to their friends.

That’s the news from two visitor surveys carried out for the Royal Borough’s Visitor Management Team in the autumn and the results, just published, reflect the positive experiences of people who come to both Windsor and Maidenhead for holidays, business or for visiting friends and family.

For Windsor:

91% of respondents rated the overall enjoyment of their visit as high or very high
96% said they were likely or very likely to recommend Windsor to others
74% said that the visit had met their expectations and a further 25% that the visit had exceeded their expectations.
Windsor visitors particularly mentioned the castle, the general atmosphere and ambience of the town and its attractive/scenic nature. Visitors also liked the river and historic aspects of Windsor

For Maidenhead:

86% of respondents said the general atmosphere of Maidenhead was good or very good
80% of visitors felt welcomed by local residents and local employees
82% rated their enjoyment as high or very high
74%  felt that the likelihood of them recommending the town to somebody else was likely or very likely
86% considered Maidenhead’s attractions and places to visit as good or very good.
A small minority of visitors (8%) said they were unlikely or very unlikely to recommend Maidenhead to somebody else.

Cllr Christine Bateson, chairman of the visitor forum, said she was very pleased by the survey results.

She said: “The visitor industry is a key part of the Royal Borough’s economy, employing around 7,935 people and worth around £511 million a year.

“In these very difficult economic times, when people are choosing very carefully where they spend their money, it is very encouraging to learn that visits to the Royal Borough are giving people positive experiences and lasting happy memories. The people who work in the visitor industry take a great pride in making people feel welcome and these surveys demonstrate a very high level of success.

“As we all know, one of the key tests is the level of word-of-mouth recommendations to others – and I am delighted to see that both Windsor and Maidenhead score very well here.

“We are not complacent. The borough’s visitor management team will continue to work hard with colleagues across the industry to keep on driving up standards and make sure the Royal Borough remains a ‘must visit’ destination in the years ahead.”

The visitor surveys were prepared for the Royal Borough by Tourism South East and are now available online at www.windsor.gov.uk/site/statistics-and-data

Ricardo

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 12:53:56 PM »

Really? Really?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A1091350
Bagheera

e tenebris lux

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 05:43:03 PM »

I agree, Ricardo.

Of course what we don't know is what they are classifying as Maidenhead.  If it includes Cookham (pulling an example out of the air) then that could bump the figures up.

It is a bit like the argument that all graduates will earn significantly more than the average wage when 50% of school leavers get degrees it cannot actually happen.

Another quirk is that over 99% of the population have more than the average number of legs!
monty

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 07:45:25 PM »

Sorry are we talking about MAIDENHEAD   I don 't think so. Depressing town and I have lived here all my 69 years and I am upset how the town has gone down - cheap is the word !!!!
James Hatch
Golden Hatch

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 05:40:58 AM »

Just met two young ladies from near Cobham in Surrey who are backpacking it around the world. They are not looking forward to going back to a land of ice and snow!

I also met another from Muswell Hill, and they are on a round the world trip with their young son.

So from what I see people are still travelling to far off spots, not just to the Med.
monty

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 02:14:20 PM »

James this is not about a world trip this is about the sorry state of Maidenhead. The cheap shops, loads of offices,that are half empty and the lack of decent shops. Cry
Paris
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 09:53:59 AM »

I was told once that statistics can be manipulated to show anything you want - I think RBWM must have some pretty creative statisticians to have come up with results like this.
cookhamjames

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 12:33:30 PM »

Once again James Hatch makes a totally irrelevant and unrelated comment! Get a grip man!
Mumofone

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 08:31:32 PM »

To RBWM Press Release,

Maidenhead residents have been surveyed for their views of the Local Government.

99% simply laughed until they cried

The other 1% didn't  answer as they work for RBWM and failed to understand the question and in any case it's not policy to have ones own mind.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: