Cookham Discussion Board
June 21, 2018, 05:57:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
19 June 2018 - Medical Detection Dogs

19 June 2018 - Part 1 Speak Out

21 June 2018 - Baroque Ensemble Red Priest

21 June 2018 - Open Minds - The Teenagers Debating Group

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2011 Neighbourhood priorities for the Cookhams  (Read 5155 times)
YoungerBill

« on: December 19, 2010, 04:17:46 PM »

The Neighbourhood Action Group (NAG) and Thames Valley Police invite you to take part in deciding the 2011 Neighbourhood priorities for the Cookhams.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RJ8Z8V9

Please follow the link above to an online survey which enables you to select the three priorities which matter to you the most in your community. A tally of all the submissions received will then be made and three that score the highest will be prioritised by us.

Kind regards

The Neighbourhood Action Group
UncleGavin

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 02:24:27 PM »

Does this mean that people living in the Cookhams who do not have internet access will not be able to submit their priorities/opinions. Huh
Paris
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 02:31:09 PM »

Old fashioned maybe - but wouldn't a paper version dropped through letterboxes be more effective, it does appear, like Uncle Gavin says, that unless you get online your opinion won't be registered.
monty

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 06:25:42 PM »

I did put my views on the survey,but something must be done about traffic under the railway bridge. Drivers power their way through disregarding the right of way signs. One day there is going to be a dreadful accident there. It is mostly drivers with 4x4s who think they cannot be challenged. I am sick of driving from Cookham to maidenhead and being squeezed by some inconsiderate driver pushing his/her way through. I am sure half these drivers cannot read.
Paris
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 10:49:29 AM »

Can we please stop blaming 4X4s for everything?  I'm sure they just get the blame because they are more noticeable.  Not all are driven by complete nutcases, or for delivering the kids to school; some people do actually use them off-road as well or for towing hefty trailers.  Unfortunately they are pretty expensive so for most, having one car for the road and one for the dirtier jobs in life isn't economic.

Incidentally, I heard of a 4X4 owner at the weekend who'd spent most of the day hauling 'normal' cars out of ditches and hedges when the drivers were caught out by the weather - so really they're not all bad.

But something does need doing about that bridge, only last week I was witness to what could have been a head on under that bridge on Thursday night. Two drivers from either side, neither paying proper attention, or possibly both just being pig-headed approached at the same time far too fast and ended up missing each other by inches, face to face and no doubt arguing as to who should reverse.  If the brakes on either car had been applied just a split second later, then it would definitely have ended in tears.
Birdman

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 11:16:33 AM »

>But something does need doing about that bridge<..

.. so, what about a toll booth there as well as Ferry Bridge? Undecided Hee. Hee.
YoungerBill

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 04:12:28 PM »

Old fashioned maybe - but wouldn't a paper version dropped through letterboxes be more effective, it does appear, like Uncle Gavin says, that unless you get online your opinion won't be registered.

The Neighbourhood Action Group will be distributing a paper version of the survey. Members of the policing team will also be gathering responses from residents around local shops and businesses.

regards,

YoungerBill

grumpyoldgit

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 06:25:58 PM »

If you must single out one group of motorists as less considerate than the average, it's not the 4x4 crowd, it's BMW drivers. Somewhere in their collective psyche, the "f--- you" mentality has taken root; if ever I am cut up, be it at a one-way bridge, a tricky roundabout, or the queue to exit a busy motorway, 7 times out of 10 you'll see that irritating little blue-and-white logo.

One of the few joys of the current cold snap is to see them spinning their wheels, going absolutely nowhere. And yes, I do drive a 4x4. Smug? Moi?
monty

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 06:42:50 PM »

Its just not the 4x4 drivers but the inconsiderate b..... minded people that just disregard the road signs approaching the railway bridge. I know that it is difficult to see what is coming but please slow down, life is too short to take chances. One day someone will listen. Cry Undecided
Paris
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 09:51:27 AM »

I couldn't agree with you more grumpyoldgit  Wink And you too monty.
Thomas Lee
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 10:26:36 AM »

I did put my views on the survey,but something must be done about traffic under the railway bridge. Drivers power their way through disregarding the right of way signs. One day there is going to be a dreadful accident there. It is mostly drivers with 4x4s who think they cannot be challenged. I am sick of driving from Cookham to Maidenhead and being squeezed by some inconsiderate driver pushing his/her way through. I am sure half these drivers cannot read.

I see this behaviour in the mornings mainly during 'rush hour'. It's not just the 4x4 or BMW drivers, that are so considerate! I continue to believe that having a bit of enforcement there, visible enforcement, would do the trick. Pull over a couple of the 4x4 BMW drivers in a visible way, and the rest will quickly get the hint.
YoungerBill

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2011, 01:12:43 PM »

So far 18 residents have completed this survey.

Please use this survey to have your say

regards,

The Neighbourhood Action Group
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: