Cookham Discussion Board
December 19, 2018, 12:48:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
20 December 2018 - Open Minds - The Teenagers Debating Group

25 December 2018 - Christmas Day Carols by Candlelight

26 December 2018 -  Boxing Day Games

5 January 2019 - BFI Film Academy (ages 16-19)

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: New Holy Trinity Parish Centre Community Project  (Read 53128 times)
Ellie

« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2011, 03:49:58 PM »

Does anyone know what time it begins? I would be very interested to hear the discussion.
anon
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2011, 04:10:47 PM »

The meeting will be private for sure. No way will any non-PCC member be in that room.
James Hatch
Golden Hatch

« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2011, 11:03:43 PM »

Held in camera eh! I don't trust things that are not open and above board. My ancestors would be livid.
Kiki1

« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2011, 11:47:23 AM »

Does anyone know what time it begins? I would be very interested to hear the discussion.

All meetings start at 7.30 according to the blurb

http://www.cookham.com/cookhamnow/parishcouncil/meetings.htm
Pongo

« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2011, 01:24:34 PM »

I think it was a PCC meeting not a Parish Council meeting.
Kiki1

« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2011, 01:42:47 PM »

Since the next two meetings are marked down as 'planning', I would assume that the PCC 'project' is likely to be near the top of the agenda.

Thomas Lee
Administrator

« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2011, 02:29:34 PM »

Indeed the Parochial Church Council are discussing (somewhat contrary to many of the electoral role members' wishes) developing the paddock as a possible way of raising funds. They haven't submitted a planning application as yet, although they do have another meeting next week to, presumably, finalise their ideas.

ANd if/when they do submit a planning application, if it looks like the current plans, I will be objecting most strongly - and judging form this thread so far I will not be alone. I hope any PCC members reading these forums will be under no uncertain illusions as to feelings here.
James Hatch
Golden Hatch

« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2011, 03:52:37 PM »

Here, Here Thomas and very well said! I remember when the PCC wanted to raise money for the Church roof. Mrs. Briggs, who use to live in Walnut Tree Cottage, started a campaign with a "Mile of Penny's." As matter her efforts raised nearly two miles of them end to end.
Kiki1

« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2011, 07:13:38 PM »

Mrs. Briggs, who use to live in Walnut Tree Cottage,..... snip

A room in the vicarage is named after her.
James Hatch
Golden Hatch

« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2011, 09:19:26 PM »

I seem to remember her name was Violet. I may be right or I maybe wrong. Her husband a retired Captain wounded in the first world war use to ride a ladies bicycle down to Sutton Allotments and propelled himself along using his walking stick.
Bob

« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2011, 12:51:23 PM »

David, would you please give us some more details about the petition and how to contact John Pomerory in order to sign it? Thanks.

Has anyone actually discussed the proposal and surrounding controversial issues with the Charity Commission? They have strict guidelines and would not be sympathetic to devious tactics.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 01:11:46 PM by Bob » Logged
Thomas Lee
Administrator

« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2011, 04:02:08 PM »

David, would you please give us some more details about the petition and how to contact John Pomerory in order to sign it? Thanks.

I'd like to know too please. Any information would be useful.
David Cuin
« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2011, 04:36:40 PM »

I'll drop in at John's house tonight and see what he wants to do.
John Pomeroy
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2011, 07:08:05 PM »

Here is the complete text that went along with the petition, would be great if more people got signatures and returned to me (Woodcote, 1 Vicarage Close) for collection, hasnt been difficult to get signatures it's just time!

Proposal for new Parish Community Centre

You may have recently received a questionnaire relating to a proposal by Holy Trinity Church (HTC) to convert the existing Parish Community Centre into flats and sell-off to raise profits for HTC. However in order for this to be approved they will require planning permission to build a new Parish Community Centre somewhere else within the beautiful grounds of the Church so as not to deprive the community of its valuable existing centre.

These plans appear to have been hastily put together with very little local consultation until very recently. The questionnaire issued seems to imply the desperate need for additional community services, yet provides no evidence of demand, other than the fact that the existing Parish Community Centre is only used 80% of the time and 20% in the evenings.

The HTC questionnaire is cleverly constructed and starts with questions asking if you would like additional facilities (who wouldn’t!), follows with where would you like them located and only ends with a request for permission to change the use of the existing facility into flats so it may be sold. It is highly likely that had this been the first question on the form the majority of people would have answered differently.

There has been no attempt to identify any real justification for the plans that are being proposed for the conversion and sale of existing Parish Community Centre. More importantly there has also been no attempt to identify the cost associated with renovating the existing Parish Community Centre to provide the alleged additional services required.

Our concern is that without due consideration or consultation about alternatives, the HTC proposal has leapt straight to the conversion and sale of the existing Parish Community Centre. The only debate appears to be about which piece of beautiful surrounding countryside is to be destroyed to facilitate the building of a replacement. Our concern is that this proposal will gain momentum without people having any understanding of the rationale behind it or the alternatives possible.

Please help stop this senseless proposal

Name             Address   Postcode       Signature    Date

Thomas Lee
Administrator

« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2011, 01:02:12 PM »

How do my wife and I sign this?  And is there any point??
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to: