Cookham Discussion Board
May 26, 2018, 06:23:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
31 May 2018 - Wine and Cheese and Wildlife Photography Talk

2 June 2018 -  Cookham Gardens - Gardens Open

2 June 2018 -  Pop Up Sri Lanken Restaurant at the Old Butchers

8 June 2018 -  Beginners Ballroom and Latin Dance Class

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GDPR and Crime Update  (Read 96 times)
Thames Valley Police

« on: May 18, 2018, 02:25:43 PM »

A GOOD 48 HOURS

NO BURGLARIES TO REPORT AGAIN !

I have receive reports from Ascot that Wednesday’s message, was not correctly formatted ?  It may have been because I included three images and the system could not cope with it.  I have not received similar reports, from Windsor & Maidenhead

Several people made contact, to say they could not forward it onto their contacts.  If that happens, all messages for the previous 7 days, are stored on a link within the Alert system:

https://www.thamesvalleyalert.co.uk/alert_archive

NEXT:  Last night we celebrated a Community Iftar, at the Mosque in Maidenhead. The breaking of the first fast of Ramadhan, at sunset.

There were Borough Councillors, members of multiple faith groups, along with Karnail Pannu the Chair of the One Borough Group (on the right) and Ila Gangotra (on the left), from the MS Support Group.

A wide selection of delicious local foods and deserts were served, which we all enjoyed - and - we all did a great deal of networking, amongst the many groups represented. Many came up to me, when they heard I was there, to put a face to the 'Eyes and Ears - Jeffrey' Alert messages they receive. Apparently everyone reads every word and really appreciates this service. I have nearly 12,000 local residents on my database, in the Royal Borough

NEXT GDPR - The new European legislation dealing with Data Protection, comes into force on the 25th May and replaces all previous Data Protection law.

I have been in contact with Val McPherson, the Chair of the Thames Valley Association of NHW to ask if they will be offering any specific advice to members.

She has responded to say that they are actively reviewing the legislation and will come out with an advice sheet, which she will distribute to everyone on the database, shortly.  The main issue will be if you maintain a database of your members, which you have held for many years.

You will receive something very shortly.

MAIDENHEAD CENTRAL:
maidenheadcentralnhpt@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk
12/5 – 18/5  Kidwells Close.  Two bikes stolen from a secure basement bike shed.  The electronic key pad had been tampered with.  1.  A white & blue, Boardman Comp, ladies, hybrid bike.  2.  A grey & yellow, Boardman Comp, man’s, hybrid bike.
16/5 – 17/5  Wednesday 9.30 p.m. / Thursday 8.30 a.m.  West Street.  VAN ENTERED BY UNKNOWN MEANS – tools stolen.
17/5 – 18/5  Thursday 4 p.m. / Friday 5.10 a.m.  All saints Avenue – front and rear index plates stolen.
15/5 – 18/5  Tuesday 7.30 p.m. / Friday 8.50 a.m.  All saints Avenue.  Front and rear index plates stolen.

RIVERSIDE & BELMONT:
NO CRIME TO REPORT.

MAIDENHEAD WEST
maidenheadwestnhpt@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk
BISHAM, COOKHAM, HURLEY, THE WALTHAMS, LITTLEWICK GREEN & KNOWL HILL:

PINKNEYS GREEN & FURZE PLATT:
17/5 – 18/5  Thursday 9 p.m. / Friday 6.30 a.m.  Cherington Gate.  Car rear windscreen smashed and tools stolen.

MAIDENHEAD SOUTH
maidenheadsouthnhpt@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk
BOYN HILL, COX GREEN & WOODLANDS PARK:
NO CRIME TO REPORT.

OLDFIELD & BRAY:
NO CRIME TO REPORT.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: