Cookham Discussion Board
February 20, 2018, 09:19:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
22 February 2018 - Cookham Surgery Closed for GP Training (12.30pm onward)

22 February 2018 - Keeping the Grand Junction Canal Afloat

1 March 2018 - Free Prostate Cancer Check

2 March 2018 - Spring Clean for Ethiopia

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fiasco at Maidenhead station today  (Read 8019 times)
Thomas Lee
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2011, 05:43:00 PM »

Before JH starts talking about steam trains and how reliable they were, I was at Maidenhead today as a regular commuter.  Sounds like I missed all the fun.  I waited for the 5.46 to leave which didnt and I completely agree with the comments about the attitude of the FGW staff at Maidenhead station.   Barry at Cookham ......... legend by the way.   As a regular commuter I have considered the alternatives.   Chiltern Line is great but do I want to drive to Beaconsfield ?   Drive ?  Company has taken away my company car and given me a cash allowance instead.   So I am learning to ride and hoping to bike in soon enough.   In the meantime complain as much as possible.   Post as many messages as possible on Twitter or Facebook and shame them into improving customer service.

The service on the whole line from Marlow to Maidenhead and beyond to London has deteriorated over the years. The FGW staff at Maidenhead have been poor through several owners - ever since Tom retired in the mid-80's I reckon! Barry at Cookham, and Matt Craig before him, are both gems. Nothing is too much trouble and they'll happily tell you everything they know. It is a pleasure to pass through Cookham Station. Shame about Maidenhead.

I am nowadays only an occasional commuter - but I've found the FGW complaints page on their web site to be vaguely useful. When things like the above mentioned incident happen, I urge everyone to go onto the page and complain. It's clear that if you don't complain, nothing gets done. And on the odd occasion, Iv'e even had money back following issues!

Nice to know British Rail lives on...

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: