Cookham Discussion Board
November 21, 2018, 07:12:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
21 November 2018 - Cookham Medical Centre Closed for Training - 12.30-6.30pm

24 November 2018 - Community Tree Planting Day

24 November 2018 - Live@the Church

28 November 2018 - Give Blood at the Pinder Hall

1 December 2018 -  Pop Up Sri Lanken Restaurant at the Old Butchers

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: You might want to keep an eye out for these two  (Read 4481 times)
aj

« on: May 23, 2011, 08:28:55 PM »

On Saturday, a tall black male with short-cropped hair, and a somewhat shorter white woman of medium build were wandering around Cookham Rise. The woman had a black notebook and represented herself as performing some kind of property inspection 'to see what condition the walls are in'. It appeared they might be looking for building work, as far as I could gather.

While I have no evidence that these two weren't necessarily genuine I just thought I'd pass this on.

cookhamjames

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 11:24:39 PM »

They came to us too. They very politely walked away when I said we don't buy goods or services from the door. Took a note of the company name and it seems they are legit. I suspect our dog (who only wanted to say hello and lick them) put him off slightly.
CH

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 09:03:43 AM »

Definitely dodgy. They came to my door and said they are carrying out a survey on walls to all pre-1940s buildings to see how they have been affected by the bad weather. I had to inform her that my house was built in the 1960s.

Don't reckon much to their surveying skills if they can't tell a house is very obviously 1960s.
Kiki1

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 09:28:31 AM »

If you have the company name they use cj (or other detail), pass it on.
Paris
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 12:49:47 PM »

Perhaps a call to 0845 8 505 505 to log those suspicious people might be an idea. 

The details could be circulated on the neighbourhood watch ringmaster network then, so there will be more people keeping a look out and aware of them.  Also if you have a PCN number, anyone else who has problems with these two can log their sightings or issues with them and so the database of the movements and approaches made can be built up, which would be very useful if anything arises out of these doorstep visits, i.e. the houses visited being burgled at a later date.

We shouldn't forget that sometimes those with criminal intent use the details of legitimate companies as a front to make themselves look respectable and above board.

wannabe
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 01:00:49 PM »

Good idea but what's a PCN number?
Paris
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 02:51:10 PM »

I might have got the wrong abbreviation, it might be PEC; either way it's a reference number that you get given when you make a report, and when quoted again allows the Police to update reports relating to the same incident.
Kiki1

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 11:10:47 PM »

PCNs are linked (in my experience) to bits of paper inside plastic wrappers stuck on vehicles by the otherwise unemployable. Equal opportunities and all that. 

You might mean CRN.

wannabe
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 12:33:39 AM »

Thanks
PEC-Police enquiry center
URN-Unique reference number (in the form of ref no for the day and then date) a log.
CRN-Now called a reference number ::)but known to everyone else as a crime number.
You can also obtain a reference just for your phone call.
http://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/aboutus/aboutus-depts/aboutus-depts-cred.htm
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: