Cookham Discussion Board
October 16, 2018, 01:43:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
18 October 2018 - Open Minds - The Teenagers Debating Group

18 October 2018 - Cookham Book Club

20-22 October 2018 - Cookham-St Benoit Twinning 2018

20 October 2018 - Live@the Church

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kingfishers @ Odney Stream  (Read 10351 times)
James Hatch
Golden Hatch

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2011, 09:32:25 PM »

That means the stream is healthy with plenty of minnows for them to catch.
Kiki1

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2011, 09:38:58 AM »

Can someone post some photos of the great tits ?
Gazzetta

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2011, 03:56:12 PM »

It doesnt do it for me.  It looks like one is upside down.
Pongo

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2011, 04:07:24 PM »

I think it might be a dead blue tit and the other one is making it look like it is still alive. A sort of dead parrot look alike.
Greygoose

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2011, 08:22:23 AM »

Last summer I was at Cookham Reach Sailing Club and watched a kingfisher fly frequently from it's nest in the river bank to a tree branch on the Bucks side of the river. It's nest was close to moored boats and walkers on the Thames Path. I guess it was catching fish at that spot but I haven't seen it this year.
Birdman

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2011, 10:15:17 AM »

What cracking shots. They do breed nearby and another pair bred near White Place Farm this summer. In a previous year, I watched an adult Kingfisher flying back and forth an inch or two above the net on one of the Odney tennis courts during a match, and not a single one of the 4 taking part noticed even once out of 8 crossings!

With regard to the downed tree on this stretch of the path down to the weir, does anyone know to whom that land belongs? Is it the Odney Club itself?

And having mentioned breeding birds, readers may like to know there is a county-wide survey of all bird species that are breeding successfully (or otherwise) and we would welcome all accounts of birds known to have made nests or raised young in your gardens or surroundings this summer or last. If you wold be so kind as to send lists to wildlife@cookham.com we would be most grateful just mentioning location and road name. We can send a form to fill if in preferred.
mikethecabbie

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2011, 05:43:28 PM »

Excellent pictures. Regret my camera equipment isn't up to that sort of standard, but thanks for sharing them with us all.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: