Cookham Discussion Board
July 20, 2018, 09:25:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
22 July 2018 - Colonel Garrett Cup Cricket Competition

24 July 2018 - Cookham Medical Centre Closed for Training - 12.30-6.30pm

27 July 2018 - National Trust Bat Walk

28 July 2018 - Live@the Church

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]
  Print  
Author Topic: COOKHAM GET COOKING  (Read 163125 times)
James Hatch
Golden Hatch

« Reply #345 on: April 17, 2011, 09:10:35 PM »

Chefs and cookís recipes are mostly variations on a theme. Therefore anytime a chef or cook gives out a recipe are they breaking a copyright-law? The answer is no. Some of recipes have been floating around for many years, as was my recipe for Dandelion Wine. Which was also removed. Even my video recipes were removed, that I made here on my patio. Yes I cut and paste all my all my work as I write it up in word so that I can get my wife to proof it, as she is a proofreader in business. Plus this insertion is cut and pasted so that I donít spend a great of time on the discussion page.

By the way the recipe for Butter Tarts can be found in every English speaking country of the world. One of my reference books comes from New Zealand, as they contain a lot of recipes from the U.K.

I have now started another blog not on Cooking, but to stimulate the youth of the English-speaking world in the sport of Lawn Bowling. All the pictures and drawings are mine, so is the dialog. It is a sport that one can start as young as seven and you can play it right up into oneís late 90ís.

http://vicwestlbc.blogspot.com

This is an international sport played in all Commonwealth countries and the USA.
Bertie

« Reply #346 on: April 17, 2011, 11:52:02 PM »

I'm amazed the recipes were subject to proof-reading. I'm a proof-reader myself and have been itching to volunteer my services, as it didn't appear the necessary corrections were being pointed out. Our rich and varied language does take on many forms around the world, however.
If you tell us the bowling blog has had a proof-reader's touch as well, I will suggest they have another look!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 11:55:54 PM by Bertie » Logged
James Hatch
Golden Hatch

« Reply #347 on: April 18, 2011, 12:20:17 AM »

Thanks Berti. Do you use track changes?
Jo Jo

« Reply #348 on: April 18, 2011, 11:44:13 AM »

I am sorry the Cooking blog is no more. I tried to look at the Lawn Bowls one but it virtually seizes up and takes ages to scroll down. It is probably something to do with my ancient computer, but it does mean it is not really useable for me as a fairly young person.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]
  Print  

Jump to: