Cookham Discussion Board
March 25, 2018, 06:10:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
24 March 2018 - Great British Spring Clean

25 March 2018 - Lead Us into Holy Week at Holy Trinity

27 March 2018 - The Media Hub - Simon Mole - Rapper and Poet

27 March 2018 - Annual Parish Meeting

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Plane Noise Again  (Read 51514 times)

« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2008, 10:24:14 AM »

I was woken before 4am this morning with the noise and they were coming in regularly (probably every three to four minutes) by around 4.45am. I did phone the noise line, they would not have logged my complaint if I had not asked them to though. They say it is for safety reasons they are doing it.

It does look like there is some more positive government opposition now to the third runway at least.

« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2008, 11:38:34 AM »

Sorry PC, didn't hear a thing and slept like a log!   But I will make a phone call and add my voice to the cause for those who are disturbed by it.
Plane Complainer
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2008, 07:08:20 PM »

The planes are especially loud this evening. Just back from work; at least 5 have gone over my house!

Megan, come down to the high street tonight!

« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2008, 12:22:53 PM »

Ah PC, I was in the pub last night at 7.08!   But I have to say that recently, I have been hearing the planes more than before.   I must be getting my hearing back!  Although luckily for me, I still sleep throgh them very early morning.
Cookham Webmaster

« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2009, 04:46:10 PM »

This is a press release from the Royal Borough which may be if interest

Council gives cautious welcome to Cranford Agreement decision
The Royal Borough has given a cautious welcome to the government’s decision to scrap a 50-year-old agreement which has meant those Windsor residents living directly under the flightpath to Heathrow have taken the brunt of the noise all day for almost a third of every year.

The decision to scrap the controversial Cranford Agreement – which has meant that on easterly operations all planes have had to land on the northern runway directly over Windsor, resulting in up to 650 movements a day – was announced last week as part of the government’s plans to go ahead with the third runway at Heathrow.

But the council is steadfast in its opposition to the plans to build a third runway – and to press for a legal agreement to prevent the introduction of mixed mode operation which allows planes to land and take off from both runways at the same time.

Cllr Phillip Bicknell, chairman of the borough’s aviation forum, said: “We have fought long and hard for the abolition of the Cranford Agreement and easterly alternation to bring some respite to continuous aircraft noise to Windsor residents, and we are very pleased that the government has come to this decision.

“But while welcoming this announcement, we are also determined to press for a legal agreement to prevent the introduction of mixed mode which would mean planes taking off and landing from both the northern and southern runways as this would inevitably mean an overall increase in aircraft movements in and out of Heathrow. 

“While this would mean a certain amount of respite for residents in central Windsor, some people living in Old Windsor and Wraysbury would see an increase in the number of flights overhead. We want reassurance for these residents that mixed mode operations will not be introduced and will be pressing the government to give legal status to standing by its commitment.”

The Royal Borough has also pledged up to £25,000 to support the 2M group* – of which it is a founder member – in its plans to seek a legal challenge or judicial review of the government’s decision on the third runway.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Jump to: