Cookham Discussion Board
October 15, 2018, 07:14:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
18 October 2018 - Open Minds - The Teenagers Debating Group

18 October 2018 - Cookham Book Club

20-22 October 2018 - Cookham-St Benoit Twinning 2018

20 October 2018 - Live@the Church

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chavs at the station again  (Read 5387 times)
bunion

« on: October 15, 2008, 04:56:55 PM »

Seems like the Chav controllers need to come round again as there is quite an infestation of chavs loitering around at the station in the  evenings.
Not being an expert, they look to me like the 'Lesser Horse Powered' variety judging by the glorified hairdryers they're all riding.

On a more serious note, what happened to the PCSO/ PSCO.... can't we just rearrange the letters and call them COPS.
Not seen any Cops - proper or otherwise for a while hence the increasing chav numbers.
Gazzetta

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 12:31:11 PM »

Is it now illegal to be a chav ? I must have missed that law being passed.  It is true however that teenagers are hanging about at the station, some playing with a ball while others sit on their mopeds.  I have not, however, witnessed any unreasonable behaviour, apart from the little bits of litter on the station platform each morning.  We were all kids once.  Exactly what else is there for kids to do in Cookham in the evenings ?
old bill

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 10:51:12 AM »

dear bunion we have been around and have spoken to so called chavs. they happen to be children of local residents chilling out at the station and on the whole seem quiet pleasant but that may be due to my tailoring. If you ask them yes they have been warned about cycles with no lights and reported for riding a moped not in accordance with their licence. Most now are at college and all seem hopeful of a bright future as tomorrows future. It is dark early in the evenings now and they can no longer play net ball down on the Alfred Major in the evenings ( perhaps that could be the next campaign to improve village life) If bad behaviour is seen i am always intrested in it my phone number is 07817817550
lizzyk

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 12:38:15 PM »

I don't understand why young people can't hang about around the station. Cookham is their village too, not just for the exclusive use of adults. Having talked to some of the young people they say that they have had unreasonable abuse from some people, which is quite unnecessary. The majority of young people are great and our society treats them badly. Support our youth, they are our future.
CH

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 01:35:50 PM »

Well they aren't going to learn how to be upstanding members of the community from those people throwing abuse at them, are they?

I've seen them hanging round the station but they didn't seem to be doing anything wrong.
James Hatch
Golden Hatch

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 05:31:30 PM »

Well in that case folks! "I'm a Senior CHAV"

You will now find this Senior Chav at : http://widbrook3.blogspot.com/

In my "Uncouth Youth" in the village I rode a Scarlet Red Lambretta, which was dubbed with the name "Bugs Bunny". Now when I am on holiday on Rarotonga I still get around on a scooter. So I guess you can class me as a "SENIOR CHAV"

Oh! By the way this photo was taken without my "SKID LID." Yes! I do wear one!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 05:42:56 PM by James Hatch » Logged
NeonPants

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 01:27:44 AM »

Well, there's no excuse for them to be hanging round the station bouncing their balls and intimidating decent people.  When I was a lad, I used to go to the library on winter evenings to look at the photography books.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: