Cookham Discussion Board
April 23, 2018, 04:07:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
24 April 2018 - Give Blood at the Pinder Hall

26 April 2018 - Buckinghamshire in the Civil Wars 1640-1660

1 May 2018 -  The Wonderful World of Whisky

4 May 2018 -  Elizabeth House Quiz Night

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moving to the Area  (Read 2555 times)
A4r0n

« on: October 09, 2012, 02:31:49 PM »

Hi All,

I am looking to move the area as I rented briefly in cookham and really enjoyed living in the area. There are some properties for sale (maisonettes) - on a road called The Shaw - I believe it is just off Whyteladyes Lane. Would some of you be helpful enough to share your views on this area? The properties seem much cheaper than the rest of Cookham, so are in my price range!  Grin

Many Thanks for your help

Kind Regards
Birdman

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 05:52:12 PM »

Hi Aaron - The Shaw is indeed just off the Whyteladyes Lane and abutts the open fields which separate the Rise from Cookham Dean on the sun-set side, and is complete with soaring Red Kites, nearby glow worms in season, buses past the end of the road, train station within walking distance, beverages delivered to the door (courtesy of Tim the Tea and his van), oh, and the weather forcast in Toronto just an email away. (Local joke which you will understand once you hopefully move in!).

All the best.
Paris
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 10:01:30 AM »

Nothing wrong with The Shaw at all, apart from parking sometimes being a bit of an issue.  There's a pretty good community spirit amongst most of the residents, some of whom have been there for absolutely yonks.  You'd most likely be getting a fairly good sized property for what in Cookham should be a good price too.
A4r0n

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 07:13:10 PM »

Thank you Birdman and Paris for your replies, I am looking at a property there tomorrow so fingers crossed!

Thanks for your help

monty

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 09:08:45 PM »

You will love living in Cookham great place to live xx
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: