Cookham Discussion Board
June 20, 2018, 08:17:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
19 June 2018 - Medical Detection Dogs

19 June 2018 - Part 1 Speak Out

21 June 2018 - Baroque Ensemble Red Priest

21 June 2018 - Open Minds - The Teenagers Debating Group

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cookham Causeway temporary opening stopped  (Read 1981 times)
Cookham Webmaster
Administrator

« on: February 20, 2014, 10:56:09 AM »

from RBWM

Now the Cookham Bridge is open, the temporary access across The Causeway stops from the end of the arrangements (Wednesday). The shuttle bus service between Cookham Village and the shops at High Street, Cookham Rise will also cease.
Merlin
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 12:05:44 PM »

Cookham Bridge is open . . .  so . . . they shut the Causeway !!!
And cease the shuttle bus service ?!!

Sometimes logic just passes me by . . .

Can someone explain this obtuse reasoning, please!

Ah  . . I've just read  . . . a structural crack in the Bridge.
Fair enough.
Cookham Webmaster
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 12:12:43 PM »

FROM RBWM

As you are aware, the Causeway Shuttle has now ceased itís operation. ( We are also now aware that the Police are on site and feel the Causeway bridge is unsafe.  Borough Engineers are on there way to site this morning.)

I am mindful that Arriva are still unable to run the 37 service via the Pound because of the flooding.  I understand from People to Places that 2/3 people a day have requested extended trips into Maidenhead during this period.  P2P are going to let me know the times of travel so we can look at how we best support them.

Iíve also just taken a call from our Cookham Community Warden, Trish,  who has identified 1 or 2 residents who need transport support.

We have options as to how we support people.  It may be with a designated run or through using the existing dial a ride service, or a mixture of both.  If you have any information regarding demand please let me know.
Eagle

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 02:13:51 PM »

Is the normal road actually still flooded?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: