Cookham Discussion Board
June 19, 2018, 03:29:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
19 June 2018 - Medical Detection Dogs

19 June 2018 - Part 1 Speak Out

21 June 2018 - Baroque Ensemble Red Priest

21 June 2018 - Open Minds - The Teenagers Debating Group

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Bridleway 19  (Read 47260 times)
Paris
« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2015, 05:32:47 PM »

Plenty of motorbikes over Easter.  They were up and down that cycle track all afternoon - its the one that runs between the Haulfryn Site and the fenced off lake. 

If the bridleway gets made suitable for farm traffic I expect they'll be up and down there as well, won't that by nice for the landowner and the owners of his luxury homes at Cannon Court - another lovely bit of countryside with plenty of wildlife wrecked by bikers.
EUWAVE

« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2015, 11:51:45 AM »

The paragraph below was taken from the Advertisers website. So 30 people objected to the proposals and still they unanimously vote to spend over £17,000 of the Tax payer’s money, utter madness!

“More than 30 people attended a meeting of the rights of way and highway licensing panel on Monday in the town hall to urge councillors to leave the bridleway as it is.

Councillors were presented with three options – resurface the bridleway with limestone scalping’s or the cheaper woodchips and road planings, or to leave it as it is. Councillors voted unanimously for the most expensive option of limestone scalping’s at a total cost of £17,100.”

jumpingjackflash
« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2015, 12:46:15 PM »

Like I commented before.... council tax payers are now paying for a ''driveway'' that Riders didn't want on the bridle-path.

Funny thing is... the Cookham People have been harping on about Sir Stanley Spencer... but they have just lost a view of what he originally painted to become what is essentially someone's new ''driveway''.

Oh' as to the argument of the bridle way now being usable for a mobility scooter... how would the person manage the gate at the other end??. Maybe the council tax payer will be paying for electrics gates next?.... watch this space!

Politics.

It's crazy... utter madness....

« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 03:35:55 PM by jumpingjackflash » Logged
Paris
« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2015, 02:40:15 PM »

The whole thing is ludicrous and very obviously from what I've heard from people at the meeting it was a shambles and obviously just a case of going through the motions with the decision having already been made.

It's such a shame that the Advertiser didn't make bigger mention of it, I wonder if National media might be interested, I'm sure there are papers out there that would love a story about council tax payers having their money squandered by a local landowner and council . . .
jumpingjackflash
« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2015, 03:32:03 PM »

Email: expressletters@express.co.uk
Call General Enquiries: 0208 612 7000

« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 03:35:02 PM by jumpingjackflash » Logged
Paris
« Reply #95 on: July 29, 2015, 02:50:50 PM »

If you read this article where a petition of 1600 couldn't sway the council about their decision it's not surprising that us few people concerned with retaining the functionality of a perfectly good right of way didn't stand a chance.

http://www.maidenhead-advertiser.co.uk/News/Areas/Maidenhead/Cries-of-shame-on-you-from-public-as-council-votes-against-revoking-Holyport-College-funding-decision-29072015.htm
jumpingjackflash
« Reply #96 on: July 29, 2015, 03:31:34 PM »

Makes a joke of the RBWM Local Plan ' Have Your Say' - as seems decisions are already made regardless of public opinion.

An inquiry should be made. Or Cllrs should not be allowed to vote or be involved with decisions if they are deemed to have an interest.

Still think a letter to a National Paper would be a good idea....

Or

A few people request Freedom Of Information (FOI's) on these topics!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 03:33:19 PM by jumpingjackflash » Logged
marmite

« Reply #97 on: July 29, 2015, 04:13:32 PM »

Forgive me as I haven't read the whole of this thread, but where were the parish council in all of this?  My understanding is that if what Jumpingjackflash says is correct in…. "Funny thing is... the Cookham People have been harping on about Sir Stanley Spencer... but they have just lost a view of what he originally painted to become what is essentially someone's new ''driveway''."  The views of Cookham are supposed to be upheld in any planning decision. That was the whole purpose of creating the Village Design Statement.
Cervantes

« Reply #98 on: July 29, 2015, 09:02:31 PM »

Believe there is some overlap in the parish council and the decision makers but I've not seen the minutes so that may not be the case. be nice to know who is involved
jumpingjackflash
« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2015, 07:31:07 AM »

Morning Marmite, Cervantes,

Not sure where to start... may be a good idea to read the entire thread on this subject. I am also sure there are links to the proposals. The out-come has since been agreed, and the maidenhead advertiser did a 'tiny' article on it.

Sadly, if you were not registered to speak at the meeting, then you could not voice an opinion. And those that graciously did speak up, where obviously not listened to, as there was no debate.

I'm bias on the subject, as I wanted the BRIDLE WAY to stay in its natural state, and not have my COUNCIL TAX money, supporting what IS essentially now going top be a Loooooonnnnggggggg Drive way, with a 20 year plan attached to it. Wait for the tree-line and the electric gates to go in!

As to the Cllrs.... UTTER JOKE!

A few FOI's need to be raised, as this is political madness. I could think of better areas to be spending Council Tax Payers monies, than now having to pay £17,000 for a surface on a Bridleway that no riders (who were not neighbourly)wanted (me included).

Sorry for harping on, but as you can tell, I'm totally 'gob-smacked' on the decision made.

TRUST NO-ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 07:32:52 AM by jumpingjackflash » Logged
jumpingjackflash
« Reply #100 on: August 07, 2015, 07:41:47 AM »

Thought it was a 'Bird Scarer' sounding off on the 'Pig-Track'. Was informed it was someone shooting.... whatever it was... Helpful.com.

Paris
« Reply #101 on: August 07, 2015, 10:12:59 AM »

Latest attempt no doubt to scare genuine law abiding citizens from using the bridleway.  They need to be careful - get too close to a public right of way with a gun and they could risk losing their gun licence.
FionaBeaumont

« Reply #102 on: August 08, 2015, 07:00:19 PM »

Last year while riding down Malders Lane towards Cannon Court I came across someone shooting birds into the fields. They were camouflaged were on the land and obviously had permission from the landowner.

I have nothing against people who shoot, indeed my husband does, but to set up with a shotgun, not even an air rifle, right on the border of the lane was ridiculous.

Luckily I saw him and he saw me but I was very close by then, and if he hadn't, and had shot right by me I was easily have lost control of my horse. I did hear him shooting a bit later, but luckily I was far enough away by then for my horse to spook and not bolt.

If you had a dog off the lead, it would have run as well.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 07:03:56 PM by FionaBeaumont » Logged
Watchman

« Reply #103 on: August 27, 2015, 10:50:13 AM »

May I urge all contributors to this forum to read the letter in the
Maidenhead Advertiser - "Viewpoint" on page 18 of this week's copy -
titled "Threat of Blight to View that Spencer Made Famous" - by Glenn Draper.

It focuses on the blight to the landscape and fields around Cookham, specifically
the view down Long Lane to the Switchback Road, where "farm buildings" have undergone conversions to
"boutique shops" through a loophole in the law that allows the farmer, Mr Copas,
the opportunity to exploit said loophole.

An "Equestrian Outlet" and a "Formal Dress Hire" shop are now standing where once
stood "farm buildings" - and the conversion only occurred because their original size
(marginally smaller than needs permission!) did not necessitate the owner (the farmer)
to seek permission from RBWM to convert!

Clever .... or what?!

I refer also to a poster on this forum a few months back mentioning "cattle shelters" in fields
where no cattle have ever grazed in over 100 years!
Buildings on farmland ... a footprint ... a precedent ... a warning.
A possible blight in the future where said farmlands may be submitted (exploited) for housing??

Reference is also made to the Bridle Path (19 I presume) which Mr Draper refers to
as now resembling a "B" road!

Read the article folks ... it makes very interesting reading and prompts great concern.

Meanwhile RBWM councillors sit back, take no action and continue passing the port ....
Paris
« Reply #104 on: August 27, 2015, 04:13:28 PM »

It's not a threat to blight the view - it's already happened!  Amazing how fast work can be carried out sometimes, yet the potholes around the speed bumps in the Pound stay completely unaddressed.  Bet they'll get fixed fast though if a Purple Patch runner twists an ankle in one!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  

Jump to: