Cookham Discussion Board
July 20, 2018, 04:10:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
19 July 2018 - Open Minds - The Teenagers Debating Group

22 July 2018 - Colonel Garrett Cup Cricket Competition

24 July 2018 - Cookham Medical Centre Closed for Training - 12.30-6.30pm

27 July 2018 - National Trust Bat Walk

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bridleway 19  (Read 48663 times)
Ellie

« Reply #105 on: August 27, 2015, 04:45:23 PM »

But have you noticed how the white arrows on the Pound's speed humps are usually repainted just before the Marathon? Amazing how the RBWM panders to those poor runners to make sure that they don't suffer. I bet many of them don't even live in the borough, so no doubt we are paying for that work on their behalf.
jumpingjackflash
« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2015, 01:03:58 PM »

Going back to Watchmans comment...

Why are the Cllrs not bothered about how quickly the 'Cookham-Views' are being changed forever. Cookham to me, is undergoing some major urbanisation - and will shortly become a town / or at least be joined directly to Maidenhead,  and sadly its by those that should really be preserving the area. But then, these people will sell-up and leave the cheap nasty buildings / roads, and trash some other corner of the UK.

Society is changing, and we seem to have t a group of ' The Only Way Is Essex Farmers / Land Owners'.... all the gear, but no idea!

Paris
« Reply #107 on: September 07, 2015, 10:29:03 AM »

Going back to Watchmans comment...

Why are the Cllrs not bothered about how quickly the 'Cookham-Views' are being changed forever. Cookham to me, is undergoing some major urbanisation - and will shortly become a town / or at least be joined directly to Maidenhead,  and sadly its by those that should really be preserving the area. But then, these people will sell-up and leave the cheap nasty buildings / roads, and trash some other corner of the UK.

Society is changing, and we seem to have t a group of ' The Only Way Is Essex Farmers / Land Owners'.... all the gear, but no idea!

Well said!
jumpingjackflash
« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2015, 08:28:39 AM »

Rode up the 'Pig-Track' this weekend...

What a stupid surface!

It was slippery when dry - what is it going to be like in the winter?

Nice Drive-Way though Mr Land Owner at tax payers expense! (17K - and to be maintained every 3 years). Now if you could install the electric gates, as the gate is a little tricky on horse back to get through, being that one of your arguments of changing the bridle way surface was for disabled access.... I think a person in a mobility scooter certainly would have trouble getting out and opening the gate!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 08:30:15 AM by jumpingjackflash » Logged
jumpingjackflash
« Reply #109 on: September 21, 2015, 12:47:46 PM »

Stupid , Stupid surface!

And.... happy to share a bridle way... but having to negotiate dogs, their stupid owners walking in the way (when your trying to be polite) and now 'Mountain bikes' and soon to be 'Domino's Mopeds....

This only leads to the side of the crop field to ride on....

......and I predict, this is exactly what the land owner wanted.... push riders off the bridle path... they then either don't use it OR start to ride on the crops... and 'SURPRISE'! Park Farm situation all over again.. where riders where stopped using the access that joined the common in Winter Hill to Bisham  / Quarry Woods.

jumpingjackflash
« Reply #110 on: October 13, 2015, 12:06:11 PM »

I heard Cllrs were at the Bridle Way 19 at the weekend.... anyone know why after all this time they were there? Don't suppose they were BMX bike riding in their lycra with their Hunter Wellies on Huh
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 12:31:24 PM by jumpingjackflash » Logged
Paris
« Reply #111 on: October 13, 2015, 02:14:24 PM »

Wasn't to do with that stupid 'aren't we great and isn't this a fantastic surface and amenity' photo that was in the Advertiser last week was it?

I thought the advertiser really let itself down with the article they posted beneath. FB would certainly have a right to complain and receive an apology I should think for how they wrote.

jumpingjackflash
« Reply #112 on: October 15, 2015, 09:20:22 AM »

Ah... YES that would had been it!

Lovely how the land owner had a table and drinks laid out...

Also, not to do a wind-up.. but good luck to the land-owner for now inviting those kids to bomb up and down on those quad bikes.. I hope they keep those residents awake all night, ... well those that wouldn't support the Bridle-way v's Drive-way......

And shame on RBWM and for those silly silly Cllrs (especially to that 'one' that lost their cool, when they didn't get the response they wanted about the ' Bridle way').
jumpingjackflash
« Reply #113 on: October 20, 2015, 07:44:54 PM »

Saw the advertiser head-line 'Bridleway Opened To All' . .

So, Cllrs have just made another area a 'No -Go' zone for horse riders, because we now have to negotiate, joggers, bikers, kids on scooters, mopeds, dog walkers etc etc . .

What's wrong with these Cllrs? Do they not see they are changing the 'Cookhams' . . swapping out horse and riders for wheels and Lycra! . . .

Sad .

Anyone reading that article have to really question what is going on here... the advertiser mentions Sir Stanley Spencer  - but if they looked at the painting he did compared to the landowners new drive way, paid for out of our council tax @ £17,500 for the initial surface and then maintenance on top of that every 3 / 7 years... who actually benefitted?

Also - correction... no rider wanted to GALLOP up the track, but have a controlled Canter, to ensure an area was safe to let your equine let off steam...

And bins! you are sooo very clever gradually urbanising what was once the country side... to soon be a prime development location..... !
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 07:44:29 AM by jumpingjackflash » Logged
jumpingjackflash
« Reply #114 on: November 04, 2015, 08:00:03 AM »

Wonder if the land owner will submit an application for housing here - now a looooonnnnggggg driveway / road has been established!

This family never ceases to amaze me.....
Paris
« Reply #115 on: November 04, 2015, 12:12:46 PM »

There already is planning permission for Cannon Court Farm.  Our once lovely bridleway is probably in line to become a private driveway.
jumpingjackflash
« Reply #116 on: November 05, 2015, 08:13:30 AM »

So this landowner is 'grabbing' the Cookham's in all directions.....
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
  Print  

Jump to: