Cookham Discussion Board
September 25, 2018, 07:10:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
25 September 2018 - Cookham Medical Centre Closed for Training - 12.30-6.30pm

27 September 2018 - Return of the Vaughan at the Cricket Club

3 October 2018 - Oxfam Coffee Morning with Claire Tomlin

4 October 2018 - Monumental Activity at Riding Court Farm, Datchet

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new site  (Read 6566 times)
eric
« on: April 15, 2008, 07:02:01 PM »

I see this new site is a big hit! Not.
Captain Lampshade

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 07:57:03 AM »

Eric I bet there are hundreds of other sites just waiting for your Zorro like  wit and enthusiasm to breath over them like the Grim Reaper. Ever considered writing for the Sun? - or maybe using another site
limpt
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 09:36:08 AM »

Eric does seem to have a point though.There does seem to be a drop in postings since the new site opened.Come on cookham. Lets be avin you!!
eric
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 11:19:55 AM »

Captain! i dont read the sun and have never done so.I have no knowlege of its content so i do not know if i could write for them or not.
You! on the other hand obviously do read it.
Tell me is it as a riveting read as this site?
Jimmy
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 12:45:24 PM »

The new Discussion Board needs a direct link form the home page. It's too fiddly for people to click through 4 pages before they get to the new one........
vince
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 03:07:07 PM »

What was wrong with the old site.Nobody seems to be bothered with this one.
Cookham Webmaster
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 05:52:17 PM »

Vince, one of the main reasons we changed Discussion Boards is that the old one was quite expensive and cookham.com does not have any form of finance. Everyone who uses the board is not charged which we could do, so we need to keep our costs as low as possible.

Jabber, the old board also logged all IP addresses. Since the case against the Motley Fool this seems to be a pre-requisite. Otherwise anyone can be a Guest as before and does not have to register, so can be as anonymous as before. For people who do register they are able to amend or delete their own posts. This was another problem with the old board. In addition there are a lot more facilities on the new board.

B.HAY
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 06:28:32 PM »

wot cha talkin abowt fooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool Huh
b. hay
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 05:57:02 PM »

http://freemoticons.mess.be/temp/ba-spa.jpg
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: