Cookham Discussion Board
July 20, 2018, 07:18:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
22 July 2018 - Colonel Garrett Cup Cricket Competition

24 July 2018 - Cookham Medical Centre Closed for Training - 12.30-6.30pm

27 July 2018 - National Trust Bat Walk

28 July 2018 - Live@the Church

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicken Farm Planning Application Strande Lane  (Read 78058 times)
Gazzetta

« Reply #195 on: December 16, 2015, 12:06:08 PM »

Have we all become vegetarians?
monty

« Reply #196 on: December 16, 2015, 12:11:44 PM »

Sorry what has that got to do with the price of fish or in this chickens
Paris
« Reply #197 on: December 16, 2015, 12:36:50 PM »

If this person insists on putting livestock on that piece of land, with no other place to keep them in times of flood he is quite simply mad.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, that land is only suitable for grazing during the summer months.  He would do better to let it out to someone for summer grazing and earn a little money that way from it. 

I get the impression from all the shenanigans that he is stupidly digging his heels in and then has the audacity to wonder why people are not happy with either him or his proposals.  This is an animal welfare incident waiting to happen and all because of one person's idiocy in buying a piece of land that is totally unsuitable for what he wants.  If he had any sense at all he would either, like I say rent it for summer grazing or go back to whoever it was recommended he buy it and sue them to get his money back as they shouldn't have recommended he buy it. 

Not only that, it's not even suitable for a piggery any more than chickens.  The fencing will need upgrading by a considerable amount, buildings will still be needed, water and electricity will be needed, vehicle access is still not suitable, that's even if there is a right of access from Strande Lane - the list goes on and on - just like with the chicken proposal.  I know that I for one will not be chasing his pigs around when they escape, which they undoubtedly will if the fencing is not up to scratch.  The field will look like a mud bath in no time with them rooting around, and when the food is gone they'll be attempting to leave; that's if their feet haven't rotted from the wet first. 
monty

« Reply #198 on: December 16, 2015, 01:07:47 PM »

These pigs will chew up the land making very unpleasant for ramblers
Paris
« Reply #199 on: December 18, 2015, 12:29:00 PM »

Only visually, he could well fence off the footpath with some really unattractive stock fencing . . . . but if the standard of work matches that of the already erected fence posts I shouldn't think it would take took long before the pigs were out mixing it with the horses next door.
monty

« Reply #200 on: December 18, 2015, 04:32:08 PM »

This all getting out of hand Huh
Cookham Webmaster
Administrator

« Reply #201 on: December 21, 2015, 06:47:05 PM »

It seems that the Chicken Farm will not be discussed today by the council, but has been postponed until January or February next year.
Paris
« Reply #202 on: December 22, 2015, 04:40:57 PM »

Thank you Webmaster for the update.

Such a shame that the councillors seem to think it OK to drag this charade out even longer, when the proposals are obviously so unsuitable for the piece of land concerned.  This is one occasion when things really should absolutely clear with no grey areas.  If this eventually goes through, then I like another poster, will be seriously wondering if there are some back room dealings going on.  If there isn't why the wait?  For those living in the immediate vicinity this must be becoming some sort of living nightmare with no end in sight just a lot of completely unnecessary heartache and worry.  The councillors would do well to remember that we are talking about getting on for 1,000 registered voters being very, very badly let down here all for the sake of one person who doesn't even reside in the Borough, not to mention all of those who won't have written or emailed objections feeling that the situation was well in hand with the amount of objections that have been raised; and of course those who haven't fully appreciated just what could be about to descend on them.

Right after that little rant, I'm off - Merry Christmas everyone!!!!
monty

« Reply #203 on: December 22, 2015, 06:26:15 PM »

Thank Paris, as usual you put it very clearly and to the point. Like everyone else I am sick of this hanging over our heads. I do not understand what they are dithering about at as you say what he is on about is unsuitable for that land. Any sign of a pigs trotter appearing there I will be onto the Planning department very quickly.

Ralph
« Reply #204 on: December 29, 2015, 11:25:33 AM »

Seems the cllrs will be putting both these high profile applications through to panel at the same time.

Chicken Farm Vs Woodlands Farm. I wonder which one gets approved. Whatever happens, both these applications impact 'The Cookhams'.

As Paris has already 'hinted-at'.... I also have my suspicions of 'other dealings' going on. It seems, its not what you know, but who you know.

Paris
« Reply #205 on: January 12, 2016, 12:25:41 PM »

I've been catching up with the correspondence on the planning portal - seems the environmental protection team have withdrawn their objection, although clarification is being sought as their letter withdrawing says something along the lines of they can't tell him about how much livestock he can have but makes no mention of the environmental nuisance of odour as in their original objection. 

This is all getting so silly and the paper trail is quite ridiculous.  It's worth keeping an eye on the planning portal though to see what is going on, letters and emails from interested parties, though not all it would seem, are still being published there.
monty

« Reply #206 on: January 12, 2016, 02:49:03 PM »

I bet when push comes to shove, this little git will get permission because no one on the council, planning or whatever has the guts to refuse him. The smells from pigs and chickens will be awful, I don't know what the Environment office is thinking of, our lives in this area will be awful.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]
  Print  

Jump to: