Cookham Discussion Board
April 26, 2018, 08:01:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
26 April 2018 - Buckinghamshire in the Civil Wars 1640-1660

1 May 2018 -  The Wonderful World of Whisky

4 May 2018 -  Elizabeth House Quiz Night

3 May 2018 -  Patients Participation Group AGM

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicken Farm Planning Application Strande Lane  (Read 70879 times)
monty

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2015, 01:38:31 PM »

Please don't make fun of this issue it is really serious, our whole area of living will be damaged if this gets permission, not only Strande Park, Strand Lane residents, Bass Mead, Lightlands Lane, it will devalue our properties enormously. The smell, noise and possibility of rats it is unthinkable .
monty

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2015, 05:39:50 PM »

I have just been looking at the  RBWM website and if this plan goes through there will be 3,00 to 3,500 chickens on that field, just imagine the noise , smell and the mess. It seems from reading the details he is already doing things in the field and plans have not been passed yet, surely that cannot be right.
Paris
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2015, 06:44:55 PM »

I've had an email saying the application has been withdrawn. However; another application has been submitted. So if you've raised an objection under the original details you now need to do it all over again. Ir your comments will no longer be counted.  Sneaky eh? Especially since the application notices are now up. But for the withdrawn application and not the new one.
wannabe
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2015, 07:33:18 PM »

Can't see anything so far.
This is the link for applications in the last 14 days
http://www.rbwm.gov.uk/pam/index.jsp
You can also search by address and just insert "Cookham" to find all Cookham applications, the link for that is on the right of the page.
Cervantes

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2015, 09:09:28 AM »

Use search by address, if an app is registered and takes a while to go into the system it could have gone beyond 14 days. Never found that area to be all that reliable
Paris
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2015, 07:36:07 PM »

Perhaps the new application hasn't been submitted yet after all, we'll all have to keep our eyes peeled in the next couple of weeks
monty

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2015, 09:28:51 PM »

We must do all we can to stop this person getting the all clear to go ahead with his plans it will be an enormous blight on the landscape.
wannabe
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2015, 04:29:25 PM »

I've checked and the application has been withdrawn and I can't see another yet. It's still on the Parish Council agenda for tonight though. Some really good letters of objection were sent in. We are lucky soemone spotted what was going on. This could have gone through on the nod what with the misinformation in the application and lack of transparency. A search for the related applications results in nothing being found.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 04:35:15 PM by wannabe » Logged
jumpingjackflash
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2015, 12:55:35 PM »

IF the land is designated 'agricultural' and if the business is viable and there is enough land per bird - then unlikely you can stop it happening.. 

I used to work on a Free Range Chicken Farm in Maidens Green years ago, and the lady had 2,500 chickens, and that was considered a small business... and sadly... she went bankrupt.  How many chickens does this person think they are going to house on this land?

As to a dwelling, being that this is a flood zone, very unlikely of 'housing' will be permitted for the owner IF this is the long term plan? They may get planning for 'temporary' housing.. such as a trailer ?

Wonder how that owner got the permission for that trailer the 'other chicken farm' on Winter Hill Road ...HuhHuhHuhHuh? Undecided
monty

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2015, 12:58:52 PM »

3,500 chickens can you believe  Huh
jumpingjackflash
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2015, 01:05:02 PM »

What are they keeping - Battery Hens !
monty

« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2015, 01:10:13 PM »

I did read in some of the information on the planning website that they would be in chicken houses overnight and out during the day I think in some sort of pens, very unhygienic and smelly
Paris
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2015, 10:28:27 AM »

V. unhygienic and smelly if they are only to be cleaned out at the end of each 'laying period' i.e. once every 55 weeks.  It makes me wonder just what state the poor chickens will be in themselves being kept in such conditions. 
wannabe
Administrator

« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2015, 01:20:12 PM »

Just checked and can't see a new application yet.
monty

« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2015, 01:18:54 PM »

don't think I am reading this wrongly, but on the RBWM planning website, he has submitted application for agricultural buildings again on 2nd September,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: