Cookham Discussion Board
December 19, 2018, 12:50:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
20 December 2018 - Open Minds - The Teenagers Debating Group

25 December 2018 - Christmas Day Carols by Candlelight

26 December 2018 -  Boxing Day Games

5 January 2019 - BFI Film Academy (ages 16-19)

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Great Western Trains  (Read 2840 times)
EUWAVE

« on: September 09, 2015, 11:09:21 AM »

I note on the BBC website this morning that the Reading to Paddington GW Rail route gets two trains in the top five of the ten most crowded trains in the country, see below. When I go into London on business I try not to catch a train before 9.15, A] Because of such overcrowding and B] it is almost half the price. I object to paying 27 odd to stand up all the way into London.

1.   04:22 Glasgow Central to Manchester Airport
2.   16:00 Manchester Airport to Edinburgh
3.   06:31 Reading to London Paddington
4.   07:57 London Heathrow to London Paddington
5.   07:02 Reading to London Paddington

GeekBoy

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 11:49:13 AM »

I note on the BBC website this morning that the Reading to Paddington GW Rail route gets two trains in the top five of the ten most crowded trains in the country, see below. When I go into London on business I try not to catch a train before 9.15, A] Because of such overcrowding and B] it is almost half the price. I object to paying 27 odd to stand up all the way into London.

1.   04:22 Glasgow Central to Manchester Airport
2.   16:00 Manchester Airport to Edinburgh
3.   06:31 Reading to London Paddington
4.   07:57 London Heathrow to London Paddington
5.   07:02 Reading to London Paddington

The 07:02 has been cancelled for the last two days,maybe it's in an effort to make sure that it's not overcrowded? :-)
EUWAVE

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 04:41:05 PM »

Yes I know it is ridiculous. I caught a train the other morning about 8.30 going into Paddington and there were only 3 carriages, it was jammed with people standing in the corridors and by the doors.  Coming out of London at around 4 pm, so before the real rush started, there were 5 carriages and the train was less than half full. The people that do the planning on this route obviously do not use it themselves as they would see that they have it round the wrong way, it should be 5 in the morning and 3 carriages in the afternoon outside of rush hour.
Gazzetta

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 06:03:53 AM »

I definitely think the train tracks should be paved over.   Turn Cookham into a commune.   I, for one, wont miss the commute into Canary Wharf every day.   Build a massive perimeter fence.  All big dogs off leads to prevent people coming in or out.   All men must have the same dodgy haircut.  I need to buy a matching wig.  Every good commune needs a leader and I have printed the ballot papers already along with my acceptance speech.
Paris
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 10:45:09 AM »

What colour wig?  Or will you have a different one for each day of the week?
Gazzetta

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 11:42:30 AM »

Another great thought evoking response from Paris.   

It would have to be the same wig every day.   I wouldnt want to become a laughing stock.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: