Cookham Discussion Board
October 17, 2017, 01:18:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
14 October 2017 - Cantorum Choir-Autumn Concert

19 October 2017 - Open Minds The Teenagers' Debating Group

20 October 2017 - Classic Rock at Cookham Dean Cricket Club

20 October 2017 - Social Dance Club

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Closure of the Pound today  (Read 1622 times)
smokey1

« on: September 23, 2015, 02:51:05 PM »

What is it with our Highways department, no prior notification of the Pound being closed this morning and this afternoon. No notice until you get to the roundabout at Stations Road, so then I have to go back to Maidenhead to go to Bourne End, did not think about Terry's Lane until coming back, where the diversion was.  Angry
Paris
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 03:13:35 PM »

Another example of our high handed council not appreciating that the electorate do move around the Borough from time to time and need to know about things like this.
Aries

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 03:21:42 PM »

Sorry Paris / smokey1 - it seems this has nothing to do with the Council!  Have a look at the following WEB Link, which details all registered roadworks (I think!):

http://roadworks.org/

Roadworks, delays likely

23 Sep 10:06 - 29 Sep

B4447 The Pound, Cookham, Maidenhead,...
Responsibility for these works
National Grid Gas Plc    National Grid Gas Plc
Information for Road Users
Location:    B4447 The Pound, Cookham, Maidenhead, Windsor And Maidenhead
Traffic lights, etc:    Road closure
Information for Residents

We're carrying out essential gas maintenance in the road to ensure that we can continue to provide safe, reliable gas supplies to local businesses and residents.

I think the utilities companies have 'special rights' do do as they please if there is an emergency etc.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 03:24:09 PM by Aries » Logged
Paris
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 05:37:43 PM »

Fair enough!  I retract my statement about the council in that case - not their fault at all it seems.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: