Cookham Discussion Board
January 20, 2018, 05:27:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
20 January 2018 - Make Your Own Nesting Boxes

22 January 2018 - Robbie Burns Faces Mother's Ruin

24 January 2018 - Cookham Surgery Closed for GP Training (12.30pm onward)

26 January 2018 - Jazz at the Altar Featuring Upbeat

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: The Costa Coffee Hall of Shame  (Read 13291 times)
aj

« on: October 07, 2015, 07:54:30 PM »

Ok, folks

Now, I think this has gone on enough, and it's been a miracle there hasn't been a serious accident already.
Do any of these partially-redacted registration numbers look familiar?.
RO***PU
SB***VV
EA***PO
RJ***HK
RX***XZ
YH***CV
SI***PX
BK***AX
RF***YW
LA***KK

They do?. Well, then.... when you ignore those little painted lines on the road, that couldn't possibly apply to YOU, and force vehicles to swerve across the centreline to avoid your illegally parked car, while you grab that morning cup of coffee, consider this.

You're 50 metres from a level crossing
On a bend
On a busy, narrow road used by buses, horses, bikes and with lots of pedestrians trying to cross the road just about here.

Now I'm not trying to be some kind of crazy village vigilante but, seriously, this is not sensible behaviour. There's parking in the High St that would require you to walk 200 metres.
Each time I see you, I take a picture. By the way, to the gentleman who tried to physically assault me over this; the photos go straight onto the internet and yours, in particular, went to Maidenhead police.

I'd like to reason with you here. Apart from the danger, if there was an accident, your insurance company is going to take a very dim view of your conduct. Furthermore - Costa - if anyone in a senior management capacity happens to see this post - don't you have at least a moral responsibility to post a little notice on the door asking people to park responsibly. After all, you did decide to set your business up here with no  parking provision here other than the (usually full) railway carpark.

Anyway. If you recognise any of these registration numbers, please stop doing this. Before somebody is injured or even killed. It really is incredibly dangerous, not to mention selfish to other road users and pedestrians, and, as I said, if your insurance company finds out, well, I doubt they'll be too impressed. And I'm gonna continue to take photos, so let's see how long it takes to build up a fresh list. I hope, very sincerely, that I never have to post again on this, though.
Dragonman

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 11:49:25 PM »

Better still, get up an half hour earlier and have that coffee injection before you leave home. This way you can keep both hand on the wheel. Driving with only one hand on the wheel holding a cup of coffee is just as bad as driving and using a cell phone.
Watchman

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 10:24:44 AM »

It would certainly be most interesting to see how many of those redacted registration numbers re-offend.

Perhaps a notification of said reg. numbers to the Police/RBWM might be in order - sooner rather than later.
PS - Where are the Traffic Wardens/PCSO's/Police when all this flagrant abuse of the law is taking place?

Anyone check out Berries Road/School Lane on Fridays, Saturdays and at school drop offs and pick ups?!
Absolute carnage ... but is there ever a uniform to be seen around?   NO.
And it is because of that NO, that the offenders gain strength and continue to flaunt the law.
I reckon random visitS by the PCSO's and/or Traffic wardens around Cookham Rise and Village would yield significantly more
revenue from parking tickets than them ambling around aimlessly checking windscreens in the car parks in Maidenhead.

Anyway, t'would be most interesting to see your re-cap on repeat offenders in a week's time aj.
Pongo

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 10:59:50 AM »

We do have wardens from the council checking the cars. I see them quite often. When they are around people are aware and probably do not park. Why do they check windscreens in Maidenhead?
Watchman

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 11:39:47 AM »

We do have wardens from the council checking the cars. I see them quite often. When they are around people are aware and probably do not park. Why do they check windscreens in Maidenhead?

I've seldom seen them - if ever!

The wardens spend their entire day ambling around peering into the windscreens of cars parked in the RBWM
car parks to ensure that a valid ticket to park in said car park is exhibited.
Now a person who parks his or her car in an RBWM car park and does not buy/exhibit a ticket in their windscreen
is either an idiot or a chancer ... and I don't think there are many of either category around.

As I said, they'd have a field day prowling around the Rise in the morning for the tractors on double yellows
or around the top section of Berries Road on Fridays and Saturdays.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 11:42:10 AM by Watchman » Logged
Pongo

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 04:15:58 PM »

They used to come in a smart car, but nowadays they seem to vary them, perhaps they are using their own car, although I may be wrong. They usually wear hi viz jackets and quite often park illegally themselves.
Gazzetta

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2015, 12:34:41 PM »

Is this the right forum for naming and shaming individuals, albeit removing part of their vehicle registration plates ?   How is this likely to escalate ?   Pixelated photos of members of the public committing minor offences displayed on the www ?   Everybody has their own civil rights and when offences occur we have appointed and regulated people to police any breaches.   
Watchman

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 03:02:59 PM »

.... and when offences occur we have appointed and regulated people to police any breaches.  

.... and these regulated people are to be found ... where exactly ?!

And when a complaint is put in, pray how long is it (if ever) till the regulated person appears to
a. visit the problem in situ, and
b. do something constructive about solving the problem/breach.

Until then, of course, is it all right for offenders to continue to flout the laws ... indefinitely?
Or perhaps until such time as said regulated person appears?   If ever?!
Of course it is NOT.

Naturally I personally draw the line at pixilated photos of members of the public,
but I see nothing wrong with publishing redacted registration plates.
Pongo

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 04:08:50 PM »

I saw someone who looked like a parking warden today in High Road going down towards Costa.
Gazzetta

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2015, 09:44:33 PM »

Personally if I was that concerned about illegal parking I wouldn't stand and write down registration numbers, I would have the courage to walk into Costa and ask the driver to move their car. Walking away with a notepad is not making the road a safer place is it ?
Cat

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2015, 08:29:23 AM »

I have personally spoken to the staff at Costa regarding this issue. At the time (last year) they assured me they would do something about it.

Nothing changed.

So, when a few months later I witnessed a young mother pushing a baby in a pram and, at the same time, holding her little toddler daughter by the hand, having to walk out into the road because a large vehicle
was parked on the double yellow lines, and, having observing an on-coming lorry heading towards them, I was frightened sufficiently to again go into Costa and speak to staff.

This time I asked if they could at least put some sort of notice up in their cafe or would they prefer they I myself write to their head office? I am conscious that they are very young staff and may not have the
authority from HO to so do. Or that HO might not want any inconvenience to their existing customers.
The manager (a young lady) assured me that she would see to it.

Nothing has happened. We are now in October '15. Vehicles still continue to park there, and on the bus stop.
No notices are apparent in Costa

Staff are young. It is not up to them to police the situation and encounter (as has happened already) an aggressive response.

But it is becoming increasingly clear that local people who witness the flagrant flouting of the law on a daily basis, on an approach to a railway level crossing, on a busy road, are becoming increasingly concerned both for their own safety and the safety of others. I don't think anyone would argue that the double yellow lines are there for a reason?
wannabe
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2015, 12:24:52 PM »

If a vehicle is parked on the pavement so that people can not pass or restricting vision at the junction if you call 101 with the registration police will attend if possible. I will contact the neighbourhood team on Monday.

Contact for RBWM parking enforcement is
Email: parking@rbwm.gov.uk
Tel: 01628 683800
Post: Parking Team, Town Hall, St Ives Road, Maidenhead SL6 1RF
Gazzetta

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2015, 01:42:42 PM »

I left Costa today via the back gate with 2 dogs on leads and was nearly knocked down by a motorist mounting the kerb.   I stood there and gave him my very best hard stare and he drove off and parked in the station.   Anybody interested in learning my hard stare technique?
TVP Mhd Neighbour Team

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2015, 11:37:59 AM »

Dear Fellow Members,

Due to reports myself PCSO Howland C7139 and PCSO Hope C4423 were
monitoring the junction and area around Costa Coffee Cookham this morning 26/10/15.

We spoke to and dealt with 3 vechicles:

08.25 vechicle parked on double yellows and obstructing a bus stop layby
08.31 vechicle parked up on double yellows and obstructing a but stop layby
08:33 vechicle parked on bend/corner of the junction  

We have left a message at Costa requesting a call from the manager to discuss signage
and to educate customers to park in the car park next to train station or at car park/spaces
opposite countrystore.

Furthermore we have and will continue to take a strict approach this as we see this as an
accident waiting to happen. Fixed Penalty Notices carrying a fine will be issued.  

PCSO Howland
Thames Valley Police Neighbourhood West Team
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 11:18:08 AM by TVP Mhd Neighbour Team » Logged
CH

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2015, 12:32:33 PM »

That's great news!  I'm glad this is being taken seriously.

Over the weekend I saw a woman with with a pram and toddler in tow having to walk out in the middle of the road to get round a car that had parked in the bus stop as there was no room for her to walk by on the inside.  So dangerous!
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: