Cookham Discussion Board
June 25, 2018, 04:54:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
24 June 2018 - Cookham Dean Charity Croquet and Tennis Tournament

26 June 2018 - Cookham Medical Centre Closed for Training - 12.30-6.30pm

26 June 2018 - How to Take Better Pictures

27 June 2018 - The Media Hub 5th Birthday

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Costa Coffee Hall of Shame  (Read 17085 times)
Watchman

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2015, 06:26:25 PM »

Hmmmm ... I find it rather strange that the officer failed to move on the miscreant
who was double parked, especially as she just happened to be a few feet away.
Forget the "problem cars in a problem area... etc etc" ...
....this was a matter of a vehicle obstructing the highway!

A question of keeping the area clear and free of all obstructions and infringements ... surely?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 06:32:46 PM by Watchman » Logged
carlosthegooner

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2015, 12:11:15 PM »

Here is the reply from Costa after my email last week to them in connection with the continual parking problems, the reply was cut and paste, as you can see not a lot of care went into the reply and not a lot of thought and no real action, so have gone back to them with a stronger message.

Thank you for contacting Costa Customer Services regarding our store in Cookham.

We would like to assure you that your feedback regarding the below onto the franchise partner, who owns and operates this store, so that your comments can be picked up and looked into.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us, feedback, whether positive or negative is always very important to us and our success as a brand.

Chanelle
Customer Services Advisor
E: costafeedback@whitbread.com I W: www.costa.co.uk
Costa Ltd I Whitbread Court I Houghton Hall Business Park I Porz Avenue I Dunstable I LU5 5XE
Cat

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2015, 12:53:03 PM »

Thank you for your post and your efforts Carlos.

No room to park outside Costa just now...........3 vehicles already parked on the double yellow lines: A large truck, car, and other large van. Just about room on the bus stop now for whoever
else wants to park illegally.

And the usual swerving around those vehicles incumbent upon all traffic approaching from the railway crossing approach.
Thomas Lee
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2015, 06:25:54 PM »

Here is the reply from Costa after my email last week to them in connection with the continual parking problems, the reply was cut and paste, as you can see not a lot of care went into the reply and not a lot of thought and no real action, so have gone back to them with a stronger message.

Thank you for contacting Costa Customer Services regarding our store in Cookham.

We would like to assure you that your feedback regarding the below onto the franchise partner, who owns and operates this store, so that your comments can be picked up and looked into.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us, feedback, whether positive or negative is always very important to us and our success as a brand.

Chanelle
Costa Ltd I Whitbread Court I Houghton Hall Business Park I Porz Avenue I Dunstable I LU5 5XE

I have complained to Costa's and have received the identical emai, complete with the odd second paragraph. So far, no action and no other reply.
GeekBoy

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2015, 08:37:07 AM »

What does that even mean?!
Paris
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2015, 09:59:06 AM »

It means that the head office are not going to do anything about it and its all being left to the franchisee to sort.
jumpingjackflash
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2015, 12:00:28 PM »

Didn't an elderly lady get knocked down last week whilst trying to cross the road to 'Country Store' - and she was air-lifted to hospital?

I wonder IF the parking issues at Costa had an impact on the visibility of the road for whoever was driving the vehicle that hit this poor lady?

Being that RBWM and Costa had been made aware on the parking issues... would they be taking any part of responsibility for this accident?

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 07:52:15 AM by jumpingjackflash » Logged
anna_banana

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2015, 12:48:33 PM »

I understood the incident at Country Stores was a lorry knocking part of the dentists wall down which fell on the lady.
jumpingjackflash
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2015, 07:54:02 AM »

Okay - well, maybe it serves as a warning then to those that park right outside Costa, that an accident is 'waiting to happen'.... Cry
carlosthegooner

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2015, 03:21:15 PM »

Here is the latest reply from Costa Head Office.....

I will give the go ahead for the franchise holder to contact me, if anyone else then wants me to pass their details the franchise holder so that they can pass on their comments, then please email me your contact details.   

We are so sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with our response to your complaint.

Please be assured that we do very much value your custom and your feedback.

Could you therefore please confirm that you are happy for us to pass your contact details onto the franchise partner so that they can contact you directly to discuss the below parking issues?

Chanelle
Gazzetta

« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2015, 06:35:19 PM »

I can categorically confirm that the accident with the refuge lorry and the dentist wall had nothing to do with Costa Coffee and / or any parking on double yellow lines.   However the new bollards cemented into the pavement opposite Countrystore probably impeded the driver's turning circle.
Paris
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2015, 12:33:01 PM »

But the bollards do prevent parking where people shouldn't which would also affect the turning circle and causes even more problems on the approach to the railway crossing.  I don't think you can blame street furniture.  It was, unfortunately, one of those things and a real shame that a totally innocent party was injured.
JB

« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2015, 01:34:07 PM »

That accident was nothing to do with Costa,
Was caused by the fact that the bin lorry had a lot of trouble negotiating the entrance to Station Road,
thanks in no small part to all the cars that regularly park right up to the junction.

Prior to this incident, there have been a couple of others whereby Station Road residents have had their cars hit
whilst trying to edge out into the road ..... with cars parked outside the Countrystore / Dentists etc - visibility is zero.
Add into the mix people tearing down lower road there are bound to be more accidents.
mushroom

« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2015, 01:38:00 PM »

Well said JB - something needs to be done about this by the Council.
I don't think putting in double yellow lines would make any difference, nobody would be there to police it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: