Cookham Discussion Board
July 20, 2018, 09:09:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
22 July 2018 - Colonel Garrett Cup Cricket Competition

24 July 2018 - Cookham Medical Centre Closed for Training - 12.30-6.30pm

27 July 2018 - National Trust Bat Walk

28 July 2018 - Live@the Church

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Move Over Sara Beeny/George Clark.. The Farmers Are Coming!(Woodlands Farm)  (Read 50595 times)
tudorrose

« Reply #105 on: June 03, 2016, 04:22:10 PM »

Just saw Whyteladys lane is on again, same time as Pound Field.... and any other barns applications for future sprawling housing.....

Whyteladyes and the Chicken Farm are up for debate at the Development Control Panel next Tuesday 8th Ralph not Poundfield (I understand Whiteladyes has been recommended for refusal - fingers crossed). I expect it will be July or even August before the Pony Field Oakford Homes app goes in front of the MDC by which time there will probably be another planning app in for the rest of Poundfield to fight! Cookham is really under siege from developers at the moment.
monty

« Reply #106 on: June 03, 2016, 04:28:06 PM »

Chicken farm also recommended for refusal I had a letter of response from Council from the two complaints I put in. We need to get rid of these people who want to ruin Cookham.
Mac

« Reply #107 on: June 04, 2016, 09:13:00 PM »

The full list of councillors and their contact details below:

http://rbwm.moderngov.co.uk/mgMemberIndex.aspx?FN=WARD&VW=LIST&PIC=0

The planning committee is as follows:

http://rbwm.moderngov.co.uk/mgCommitteeDetails.aspx?ID=133

I wonder if members would start paying attention if contacted and lobbied through their Facebook or Linkedin accounts?
Watchman

« Reply #108 on: June 06, 2016, 04:01:53 PM »

In answer to your question Mac, NO, they wouldn't pay a blind bit of notice.

They'd call it harassment .... remember the East Berlin fences around the RBWM when a handful
of homeless people appeared to protest outside the Council Chambers?
They're awfully twitchy these precious councillors.

The only way to get them off their backsides is to vote them out at the next Borough election.

And lest you think I'm a Commie agent in disguise, this is me, a lifelong Tory, submitting that suggestion.
Ralph
« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2016, 07:40:24 AM »

I second that! I was a conservative voter... NEVER EVER AGAIN!

Useless Cllrs..   not looking after the residents  / 'The' Cookhams interests !
Paris
« Reply #110 on: June 07, 2016, 01:39:38 PM »

From a planning perspective, I think we may have been better off with the liberals - but I say that somewhat nervously and with no party bias as I wasn't so interested back then as I am now.  Cookham is certainly coming under more than its fair share of troubles these days though, so I won't be voting conservative again either.
James Hatch
Golden Hatch

« Reply #111 on: June 07, 2016, 03:00:13 PM »

I know Paris you are too young to remember Miss Ethyl Gordon our chain smoking village postlady. She was a political firebrand, if ever there was. She never missed a political meeting to badger our local MP.
Watchman

« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2016, 12:25:22 PM »

I second that! I was a conservative voter... NEVER EVER AGAIN!

Useless Cllrs..   not looking after the residents  / 'The' Cookhams interests !

I wonder if these  councillors (the Cookham brigade especially) ever read these pages.
One would hope that they do and, should they grow a pair, perhaps respond to some of the grievances aired here.
Chance would be a fine thing  ...

Oh look, another piggy takes flight over Cookham .... with Kellaway and his dynamic duo screaming for it to be downed,
citing 'elf and safety over the Woodlands Farm mansions, whilst side-stepping the chicken debacle in Strande Lane!
Paris
« Reply #113 on: June 08, 2016, 01:27:09 PM »

What has Miss Ethyl Gordon got to do with it?  We're talking about the madness of our current councillors, not a 'political firebrand' from days gone by.  The current mob seem to have totally forgotten that they have been elected by us and can quite easily be un-elected at the next polling day.  I can only hope that there are enough independent candidates or candidates from other parties to vote for rather than the same old faces.
JTAP

« Reply #114 on: September 13, 2016, 09:36:15 PM »

I have been led to understand that this application is to be discussed again on 28th September at the planning meeting .... as the original decision has been discounted. I find this very odd, can anyone shed any light on this ?
Snippet

« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2016, 01:16:33 PM »

Hi
Yes I have heard to same. As it stands the same application is going back to Planning on the 28 Sept.
We need to spread the word in the Dean before things change for ever.
Merriman

« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2016, 08:47:39 PM »

I heard a rumour that Mr Simmonds had received an offer from a rich businessman to make the plot in to one big house instead of 3 separate ones. I wonder how that sits with government policy of using available land for affordable housing?

I have been watching the planning site but nothing has changed as yet.
Watchman

« Reply #117 on: September 19, 2016, 11:34:17 AM »

Taking Merriman's point further ...

Wouldn't it be the height of irony  if Farmer Simmonds managed to get planning permission for one large manor house
(instead of three large houses) on his site up in the Dean, whilst Farmer Copas keeps getting refused, certainly after
two attempts, as he seeks permission to build 3 "affordable homes" on the site he's offering off Whyteladyes Lane!

Classic!
catnip

« Reply #118 on: September 19, 2016, 12:13:00 PM »

What is needed is for the local immediate residents to show additional support and attend the next meeting at the Town Hall on Wed 28th Sept.
Are people aware? Do they realise the impact on this stunning area and its views? The loss of local business, the loss to the livery clients at Woodlands Farm?
Why could the site not be developed as a livery/equestrian business? Surely if site was to be advertised in Horse and Hound and other online equestrian sites, the farmer would have numerous offers for purchase! After all, this land has always been used and adhered to as 'agricultural' use, and so it should continue.

So local residents/and beyond.... stand up, show up, Wed 29th Sept!
Watchman

« Reply #119 on: December 01, 2017, 12:32:28 PM »

Richard Simmonds has just been licensed as a Lay Minister serving both Cookham Churches!

A farmer ... a land owner .... a property developer ... an MEP ... and now a Lay Minister !

Remarkable !

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  

Jump to: