Cookham Discussion Board
May 25, 2018, 09:41:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
31 May 2018 - Wine and Cheese and Wildlife Photography Talk

2 June 2018 -  Cookham Gardens - Gardens Open

2 June 2018 -  Pop Up Sri Lanken Restaurant at the Old Butchers

8 June 2018 -  Beginners Ballroom and Latin Dance Class

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  
Author Topic: Move Over Sara Beeny/George Clark.. The Farmers Are Coming!(Woodlands Farm)  (Read 47408 times)
UncleGavin

« Reply #120 on: December 01, 2017, 06:36:10 PM »

I take it the 'Lay' part of his title refers to his penchant for trying to lay concrete wherever he can.
CLIPPER

« Reply #121 on: December 04, 2017, 12:48:45 PM »

Cookham Dean is becoming the NEW ASCOT.... gradually having its charm eroded. Such a shame.

Watchman

« Reply #122 on: January 11, 2018, 10:14:28 AM »

Thread Bump ....

I note from the Advertiser today (Cookham page 33) that Simmonds, having previously "squeezed" through a
successful application for the building of three houses on the farm buildings site at Woodlands Farm,
is now seeking to erect just the one mansion instead........... ooops, sorry, one dwelling on the same site.

Would this possibly be Simmond's relenting and converting the site into an affordable housing project then for
all those homeless and aggressive "vagrants" from Windsor (sic. councillor S. Dudley)?!
Yeah .... rite!  Grin

Roll up, roll up all ye RBWM Councillors who heartily supported the original Simmonds' application
and let's ensure another 50 - nil approval vote!

PS -  Dudley might be excused on this occasion as he faces a "No Confidence" vote over his hairbrained comments last week...
... ( BUT I would wager he will sail through with the help of all his cronies)!

As you were ... No change then!

Pip pip!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 10:17:35 AM by Watchman » Logged
CLIPPER

« Reply #123 on: January 14, 2018, 04:42:17 PM »

What is going on with all this massive changes in the Cookhams ? Whats happened to the village design statement that is allowing the charm of the 'Cookhams' to be eroded at every corner !

I can not believe the charm of the area is being physically stamped out ! Look at the lovely Huntsmans House GONE ! Another VERY MOCK Georgian building being slapped up in its place.

I understand at times things need to change, but Woodlands Farm was a massive corner stone for Cookham Dean, I'm afraid its no longer such a desirable place to want to be.

What is it with our Cllrs ?

And lastly - what the heck has happened to the 'pound' in Cookham.... the 'sleeping police men' are now tarmac, I thought this was a conservation area ?

Cant wait to retire to a real village - at least the Cotswolds  have the right idea... if your going to build, at least make it fit in within the area. Rant over.
Watchman

« Reply #124 on: January 25, 2018, 10:36:42 AM »

Thread Bump ....

PS -  Dudley might be excused on this occasion as he faces a "No Confidence" vote over his hairbrained comments last week...
... ( BUT I would wager he will sail through with the help of all his cronies)!

As you were ... No change then!

Pip pip!

Told you so!

His shameless tory lackeys on the council voted overwhelmingly to keep Dudley in power, despite the furore his comments
created, not just in Maidenhead, but across the entire country, including the Prime Minister!

What does it say about the members of RBWM,(bar the 7 Tories who voted against Dudley) - when they support their leader
rather than the overwhelming majority of the Boroughs residents (and the country's) who abhorred Dudley's comments.
Whose interests do these councillors truly represent?
Dudley's or their residents?

Shame on their toady, gutter crawling and timorous attitude towards their sole intention - retaining power, whatever the cost.

This was a golden opportunity to sling Dudley's hook and they wasted it.
Who knows ... it might have created a fresh start for them, had they elected a more amenable and approachable leader.

All I can say is this - Roll on the local elections in 18 months time, when this Borough's residents can vote with their feet and
literally kick Dudley and his lackeys off the Council.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 10:54:34 AM by Watchman » Logged
CLIPPER

« Reply #125 on: February 02, 2018, 02:42:14 PM »

I second that !
CLIPPER

« Reply #126 on: February 27, 2018, 06:06:22 PM »

Does anyone know what is going on at Woodlands Farm?

Driving up long lane I could see some strange plastic fencing in the fields. At first I thought it was put up to protect the sheep, but it looks more like the sort of fencing used to do a 'slow worm' count?Huh?

You don't think there is another planning application about to go in, once environmental surveys are complete ?

Ever more aware of Cookham slowly changing - like the building structures gone up for the doggie day care.... and Huntsman Cottage pulled down along with other developments going on up in the Dean....

Slowly, slowly...... I think we need to have a review of the Cookham Village Design Statement  - and get areas put forward to be included within the conservation area, otherwise give it a few years Penelope Keith will think she's viewing a new town !.... 

monty

« Reply #127 on: February 27, 2018, 07:26:55 PM »

I hate what is happening in Maidenhead and here why can; people leave things as they are I don't go to Maidenhead unless I have to the whole thing is a mess.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  

Jump to: