Cookham Discussion Board
December 16, 2018, 11:21:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
20 December 2018 - Open Minds - The Teenagers Debating Group

25 December 2018 - Christmas Day Carols by Candlelight

26 December 2018 -  Boxing Day Games

5 January 2019 - BFI Film Academy (ages 16-19)

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Chickens Again (Will this never go away?)  (Read 30855 times)
Paris
« on: May 04, 2016, 11:00:08 AM »

So, an update on the chicken farm.  The applicant has submitted a new application this time to find out if it is lawful to install a mobile poultry shed on his land. 

Application no. 16/01289/CPD

Not sure what we can do about this one, it seems he has completely disregarded the many valid reasons (flood and environment amongst them) that his application was turned down before and is trying to exercise his right to farm the land.  Which would be fine if he were proposing a method of farming that takes into account the fact that for several months of the year it is just not suitable for poultry, or indeed for any livestock in the event of a flood.
monty

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 12:42:49 PM »

As you say Paris will this never go away, so do we now start letter writing again for another ten months or so. It will still stink even if it mobile shed, the flies and noise will be the same.
Paris
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 01:37:11 PM »

The trouble is, he's not actually asking for planning permission this time around.  He is (I think) exploiting a planning loophole that possibly exists and allows for temporary, mobile buildings to be placed onto land and is just asking to determine whether it would be lawful for him to do so.  I very much hope that the fact the land is a working flood plain will mean that it is not!

As it is not a full blown planning application I don't think there will be a opportunity for the public to comment.  The planning portal doesn't offer this facility like it did last time around and there are no new yellow notices (although the old ones have been removed from the gate).  So I have no idea if there is any means by which this can be stopped - if there is a loophole then no doubt about it this fowl pest is going to exploit it and b*gger the consequences suffered by those around the property. (Apologies for the language, this whole thing is so insane it's enough to make a saint swear. (Not that I'm a saint!!!!!))

monty

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 03:02:43 PM »

Thanks for that Paris. He is a crafty bxxxxx just lets hope he gets a NO from the council.How can one man cause so much disruption.
James Hatch
Golden Hatch

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 03:13:32 PM »

By the way if my memory serves me correct, there is a footpath that runs through that field which connects up with the footpath that runs from Moor Hall along the east side of Strand Water, where a small footbridge connects the two and then runs to  Widbrook Common, across Widbrook Stream to Somerleaze and on to Maidenhead. These footpaths are centurys old and are protected by a very old law.
Paris
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 11:53:09 AM »

Thanks James.  You're right about the footpaths.  There is currently formal and legal discussion going on about re-routing the part that runs through what we now know as 'the Chicken field' but which you probably know by it's old name.
wannabe
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 01:40:40 PM »

The council are going to make an order to establish the path that everyone uses across the field. For the time being the path marked on os maps will also remain.
James Hatch
Golden Hatch

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 02:46:33 PM »

Yes it was known on the White Place Farm Records as "Lightlands Slip PP." (Permanent Pasture) It was used solely for a double crop of hay each year, due to the quality of the grass mixture and suitable for calves to eat. If ploughing a field in which a footpath crossed, the ploughman was obliged to sjip his plough out of the ground each time that he crossed the footpath.
Paris
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 03:04:57 PM »

Same rules (more or less) apply now with regard to ploughing up footpaths - they must be reinstated. 

But, we are getting off topic which is the fact that it looks very much as though someone is trying to stick two fingers up to the 800+ people (residents, villagers and visitors who enjoy our pleasant village and countryside) who objected to having a chicken farm on their doorsteps and making a monkey out of RBWM at the same time just in order to farm that land in a totally inappropriate and irresponsible manner.
monty

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2016, 05:15:03 PM »

Hope RBWM see through what a crafty little git he is. Up to 4000 chickens he has got to be joking he cannot be allowed to get away with making all oout lives a misery.
monty

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2016, 10:20:39 PM »

I am surprised at the lack of response to this threat
monty

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2016, 09:57:21 PM »

I am concerned about this man and his proposed mobile chicken sheds  is no one else  Huh
forum poster

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2016, 09:30:39 AM »

Looking at the application it does now mention the feeding hops are not included. So 4,000 chickens are to be hand fed in a flooding field roosting in a plastic tunnel? Guy is a chancer for sure. Nothing materially in the original refusal has been addressed, mainly the potential harm to the livestock, maybe the shed comes with individual water wings for each bird safely stowed under their seats? And problems with contaminating the water in case of flood are just the same as as all the other more than valid points made. So it looks like a drip feed application with one step at a time....next a "mobile" home to house the workers then etc etc...

Just because he bought land with dreams of chicken farming without checking the history first does not make it everyone else's problem, he messed up, move on.
monty

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2016, 11:26:13 AM »

Well he is building something now and he has a tractor , he does not  appear to be waiting for June 20th decision day. 
The Baglady

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2016, 02:00:24 PM »

Just drove past seems to be a lot going on in the field . Grass cut , tractor with a trailer full of wood and stakes going in . What's he up to now !
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: