Cookham Discussion Board
June 19, 2018, 05:01:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
19 June 2018 - Medical Detection Dogs

19 June 2018 - Part 1 Speak Out

21 June 2018 - Baroque Ensemble Red Priest

21 June 2018 - Open Minds - The Teenagers Debating Group

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Chickens Again (Will this never go away?)  (Read 24346 times)
monty

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2016, 02:05:00 PM »

He will put those 3,500 chickens on there he has no regard for the decision of the Council. He is apparently having sort of poly  tunnels. Its depressing to think this is happening all over again
Mac

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2016, 05:20:50 PM »

If he is developing the land in any way contrary to the borough's decision then I would hope that RBWM will act. I expect that they are unaware of his activity.

I've found an earlier thread mentioning Andrew Fletcher (Rights of Way) and Sue Sharman (Case officer) as well as someone pointing out that there was a right of way across the land. If this new work impacts upon public access hopefully he can be stopped.
Paris
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2016, 10:40:51 AM »

He's fencing for chickens all right.  2 m high along the route of the footpath we all know and love.  It looks like the edge of a WWII German prison camp.  Anyone walking it will be as caged as the chickens.

Come on RBWM - where are your teeth, this bloke is making you look about as effective as a chocolate fireguard.  OK - he has rights as a landowner, what about the rights of the people who are going to have to put with the eyesore and nuisance everyday.  Do you RBWM have the personnel to deal with the amount of complaints you are going to get, stop wasting money and do something.  He's costing the rate payer far more than he needs to and he's not even a borough resident.

Please everyone, get writing, phoning, emailing or whatever and to RBWM, Susan Sharman or Andrew Fletcher.

A question also for Cookham Wildlife - these fences are going to seriously impact on the foraging habits of local badgers, does the Badger Act have anything to say on the subject?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 04:30:59 PM by Paris » Logged
monty

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2016, 04:05:02 PM »

I have written in today, before long he will have moveable sheds and 4000 birds, what will happen then?Huh Huh
Cookham Dweller

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2016, 01:24:35 PM »

The RBWM planning portal gives the option of commenting and more importantly objecting against this application. I urge everyone to make their objections. See the menu on the right hand side of the application,  related links, comment on this application.

Ralph
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2016, 01:28:52 PM »

Looking down at the fenced in foot path - it does not fit in with the 'country-side' and actually has an 'aggressive' vibe about it. I hope when I am walking my dog that I do not come across any 'unfriendly' dogs,  as there is no exit within the 'wire-warren'!

FYI - The Council and Cllrs are useless! They made a lot of stink about the 'Bridle Way 19'  with some crap about Cycles, prams, wheelchairs, walkers needing access (I cant see a wheelchair, pram, dog walkers all being able to pass each other along this ! (or is it a different landowner??).

On another note:

Would it not be better if the 'Crystal Maze' created foot path, was relocated to the edge of the field? Surly this would make more sense for this landowner to keep his parcel of land neat and tidy over to one side, without such a costly divide (as that must of cost a few pounds to install). A path over to the side would be more appealing to walk, if it was post and railed, then a nice new hedge row planted behind (I believe he could get a grant to do this - thus providing protection for his chickens) and then erecting the tall fence set back behind this - much better use of his land, without a divide.

However - an impacted resident still needs to FILE an ARTICLE 4 DIRECTION - as this would of stopped the fencing... but if filed now and approved WILL STOP any HARD STANDING being laid for CARAVANS !!

« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 01:43:38 PM by Ralph » Logged
monty

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2016, 02:03:32 PM »

He is systematically destroying that field it is so sad to watch and no one is doing anything to stop him. Before long we will wake up to poly tunnels and 4000 chickens, How is that for a fun day !!!!
Roger

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2016, 03:45:07 PM »

Monty, I don't think he is having polytunnels. I think you may have looked at the name of the company that supplies the chicken houses.
monty

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2016, 04:06:08 PM »

Have you looked the planning web site. It says "McGregor Polytunnels" they are polythene arched units which are moved 75 weeks
jcleach

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2016, 05:20:42 PM »

Just to keep everyone up to date:

A poultry house has been installed in the field in question adjacent to the footpath. It would be no surprise is more arrive.
The council are considering the lawfulness of a 36 metre poultry house which can be dragged around by two tractors in June.

I also note that the true public right of way around the field is becoming overgrown with nettles (I sting my ankles) and the adopted route which everyone uses is fenced off
With no current access point.

Cry
monty

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2016, 05:30:45 PM »

I think the council should get of their backside and see what this ignorant man is doing. He will have more chicken houses and chickens installed before the 20th June, we will never get him off if the council do not do something soon. Why are they so useless, I suppose it is because they won't have to live with the smell,noise and pollution. Like a lot of people, especially on Strande Park find this very depressing.
monty

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2016, 05:35:45 PM »

JLeach just a question have you informed the council he has put a chicken house on there.
The Baglady

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2016, 05:46:52 PM »

Does anyone know if anyone from the council has actually come out of their office and looked at what he has done to the field ? Surely he should be waiting until he knows the result of the meeting ??
monty

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2016, 05:54:08 PM »

He  was never going to wait after being turned down he went a sneaky and he is doing his own thing and the council are unaware. I have written but fat lot of good that is going to do.
jcleach

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2016, 07:02:23 AM »

Thanks Monty. Yes I have emailed pictures to the planning officer Susan Sharman and asked that they take all development/buildings into consideration for lawfulness when they discuss the 36 m building that Mr Driver has asked for a certificate of lawfulness for.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: