Cookham Discussion Board
January 17, 2018, 08:00:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
18 January 2017 - Open Minds The Teenagers' Debating Group

18 January 2018 - The Archeology of Timber Framed Buildings

20 January 2018 - Make Your Own Nesting Boxes

22 January 2018 - Robbie Burns Faces Mother's Ruin

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost Drone MJX in Dean Lane / Startins Lane / Lea Farm area 17 August  (Read 1442 times)
Nutmeg1

« on: August 19, 2016, 04:25:02 PM »

My son lost his new drone on its maiden flight around 8.30 pm on Wednesday 17th, he was flying it from the pedestrian track in the field at Lea Farm and he last saw it drift towards the houses/ gardens of Dean Lane / Startins Lane sort of immediately behind the Chequers Brasserie Pub. Could any residents there please check their gardens/trees for a white drone approximately 12 in square- by now probably very soggy!
Reward for safe return or any ideas on how to find it -  call 01628 483885
James Hatch
Golden Hatch

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 07:12:51 PM »

As an owner of a drone I know that one has to be light of touch on the controls.Your
 son most likely did not programme the GPS so that would have returned to its starting point after loss of signal. I hope he gets it back and is not damaged too much. The next time he flies it go to a wide open space like Cockmarsh, also read all the instructions, and for the first few flights keep it very close to you , so that one can observe and get use to the controls. That means Dad, you go with him and observe yourself.
James Hatch
Golden Hatch

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 08:00:10 PM »

Hello Nutmeg 1
My flying my drone over Cookham Dean is at this time is impossible, as I am living eight time zones to then west of you on Vancouver Island. From what gather and the terrain of Cookham Dean. I would make a search zone circle of a 1/2 mile from take off point. I think it could be stuck in a tree, or at the bottom of one.
Nutmeg1

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 10:09:09 PM »

Ahh ha! I thought you lived in Cookham!!! Yes thanks for the advice, a very trigger happy teenager unfortunately who thought he knew best - and of course had not programmed the 'return home' button🙄.
We will search again maybe with some binoculars and remember to check in & around trees, many thanks.
James Hatch
Golden Hatch

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 12:29:14 AM »

Let this be a lesson that your son will never forget! Study those instructions, until he knows them by heart.Tell him that one never becomes a know it all, because there is always something else to learn through life. When a drone turns 180 degrees the controls are reversed.

https://youtu.be/mOcRjymllog

This was taken last Christmas in The Cook Islands. The music by a good friend of mine, "Bobby Brown."

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: