Cookham Discussion Board
June 25, 2018, 01:00:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
24 June 2018 - Cookham Dean Charity Croquet and Tennis Tournament

26 June 2018 - Cookham Medical Centre Closed for Training - 12.30-6.30pm

26 June 2018 - How to Take Better Pictures

27 June 2018 - The Media Hub 5th Birthday

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicken Field  (Read 40224 times)
monty

« Reply #120 on: July 25, 2016, 06:39:13 PM »

It breaks my heart to see the damage he has done to that field it is so sad.
jcleach

« Reply #121 on: July 25, 2016, 06:58:06 PM »

There is now an electricity generator in action in the field. We understand this to be temporary as there has been a delay in linking to the national grid.
The planning teams are aware.
If anyone is troubled by the noise please do keep a log of the nuissance. Until we have forms available they can be downloaded:

http://forms.rbwm.gov.uk/popup.aspx/RenderForm/?FName=Halx1_iOYED
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 07:19:54 PM by Cookham Webmaster » Logged
monty

« Reply #122 on: July 25, 2016, 07:34:22 PM »

if planning teams are aware why are they not doing anything. In five days time there will be 3500 chicken in situ what happens then
Paris
« Reply #123 on: July 26, 2016, 10:12:00 AM »

You will notice that those in the community who are VERY affected by this issue and are actually dealing with RBWM and Parish Council and officers are well aware of the hard work and support that is being put in by them are not jopining in with the comments here. I doubt they (the "officials" take much if any notice of the rantings and language on here but if they do don't be surprised if they lose heart and start to give minimal service. Some of the comments are sailing very close to the wind and are of no help at all in dealing with this.

a) Wannabe - how do we know they are not joining in - aren't all posts supposed to be anonymous
b) your attitude leaves something to be desired - the idea of a discussion board is that people discuss their feelings, ideas, suggestions, opinions etc.  Your post seems to imply that these are of no consequence
c) there are some people on this thread who have also been working behind the scenes and emailing the councillors, planners and footpath officer, you would seem to prefer that those people stepped back and left only those who you know working on this? surely the more the merrier to get the message across that it is not just a few people who are going to be affected.  You were quite happy to plaster the village in posters when you wanted help from everyone in the form of objections, you can't expect them to go away now it is not convenient, as you see it, to still be making comment.  They would undoubtedly still wish to know what is going on and would presumably still object to the chicken farm yet you imply that only those close to the field should be involved.
d) regardless of what is written on here the council and its officials have a duty to the public, if they are likely to be influenced negatively by seeing things written about them that they don't like then they shouldn't be in office and should find a job more suitable to their sensitive feelings.

arggh - I could rant for ages, I didn't want this thread to become personal like this, it was intended to inform those that aren't on top of the field as it were about what is going on there.  However, as it has now gone that way, and as I am one of those people who have also been in contact with the council and whom it would appear you would prefer to keep out of it, I shall do exactly that - keep out of it from know on.  Well done you've just lost yourself someone who was previously very supportive.  I still believe that what Mr Driver is intending to do is wrong, but this will be my last post and while I never say never it is extremely unlikely that I shall lift one more finger to help.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 10:19:44 AM by Paris » Logged
Ralph
« Reply #124 on: July 26, 2016, 02:40:55 PM »

I'm with you on that Paris.

And now I will delete my account.
monty

« Reply #125 on: July 26, 2016, 10:43:50 PM »

WE cannot let him win it is our lives he is dealing with, the prices on our houses will drop who wants to buy a house looking over a chicken farm
Paris
« Reply #126 on: July 27, 2016, 12:21:31 PM »

Watchman, thank you for your post. 

However, I'm standing by what I say. I'm only responding to your post Watchman because it had a lot of validity.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 12:56:42 PM by Paris » Logged
Watchman

« Reply #127 on: July 27, 2016, 02:13:44 PM »

Watchman, thank you for your post. 

However, I'm standing by what I say. I'm only responding to your post Watchman because it had a lot of validity.

That really is a shame Paris, but I respect your decision.
I have responded to the Webmasters lengthy delivery on the Terms of Usage of Discussion Board .

I too will resign from this Board if circumstances determining the restriction of speech are allowed to prevail and continue.
For the record - I dislike being told what and what not to do purely because a particular author (without justification) deems it so.
Thomas Lee
Administrator

« Reply #128 on: July 27, 2016, 04:09:41 PM »

Folks

I know many of you are excited (and angry) about the chicken farm coming to cookham (or not). But pleae do not get personal. I have removed one post which was reported. If you can't be nice, don't post.#

Thomas
monty

« Reply #129 on: July 27, 2016, 09:23:45 PM »

This is my last post. Mr Driver has won he has his chicken farm we have the mess and smell
Thomas Lee
Administrator

« Reply #130 on: July 27, 2016, 10:25:30 PM »

This is my last post. Mr Driver has won he has his chicken farm we have the mess and smell

Your call.

I'd prefer you to stay around and contribute. You can do that without drifting towards personal attacks.

And I do not think Driver has won yet.
monty

« Reply #131 on: August 01, 2016, 07:45:43 PM »

Just for information the food hopper has arrived for the chickens
jcleach

« Reply #132 on: August 09, 2016, 10:38:37 AM »

The chickens have arrived. They are being placed into a building deemed to be unlawful by our council. The site is 3b flood plain and floods to a metre's depth for 8 weeks at a time.

This is simply wrong.
Watchman

« Reply #133 on: August 09, 2016, 11:05:56 AM »

The chickens have arrived.
They are being placed into a building deemed to be unlawful by our council.
The site is 3b flood plain and floods to a metre's depth for 8 weeks at a time.

This is simply wrong

And this from Mr Thomas Lee .... the Moderator, at 10:25 pm on 27th July.

And I do not think Driver has won yet.

Good call, Mr Lee !!

PS - This is sad and contemptible news .... the Chicken Man has won the day to the detriment of all local residents.

.... despite the chidings of certain forum members on here who urged 'patience' as the Council "had things under control" !

Absolutely laughable.

monty

« Reply #134 on: August 09, 2016, 02:07:15 PM »

Now we deal with smell, flies and rats. I am disgusted that it has got this far and nothing has been done, he has just stuck his fingers up to all and we have to put up with it. Its just so distressing this notice on his gate doesn't come into force until 25th Aug we will have 4000 chickens in by then
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  

Jump to: