Cookham Discussion Board
July 17, 2018, 10:27:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
13 July 2018 -  Stanley Spencer - Self Portrait

14 July 2018 - Men's Breakfast

17 July 2018 - Part 2 Speak Out

15 July 2018 - Strawberry Tea

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicken Field  (Read 41294 times)
forum poster

« Reply #135 on: August 09, 2016, 02:10:39 PM »

What a nightmare mess this has become, local residents relying on due process which has then let them down and is greeted with a two fingered salute and carry on regardless by the Chicken Man. Surely an enforcement notice must be served on this odious individual to close this illegal enterprise down? Or will it drag through courts for years like Shurlock Row green belt encroachment with much had wringing and tutting but never reaching the correct outcome. If I lived there I would be  blockading the road but then probably be in trouble for doing something illegal...go figure.
Thomas Lee
Administrator

« Reply #136 on: August 17, 2016, 04:40:00 PM »

And this from Mr Thomas Lee .... the Moderator, at 10:25 pm on 27th July.

And I do not think Driver has won yet.

Good call, Mr Lee !!

PS - This is sad and contemptible news .... the Chicken Man has won the day to the detriment of all local residents.

Mr Driver is proving to be a difficult customer. Most reasonable people would have folded long before now. I do believe he can be defeated, but he's showing that it's not going to be quick. In the meantime, we just have to keep the pressure on. Unfortunately, he, like many developers, have planning law on their side.
monty

« Reply #137 on: August 17, 2016, 08:05:06 PM »

So residents quality of life have to be squashed because of this person. This should have been stopped at the beginning, he was refused permission and he is breaking the law, I absolutely despair at the way this is going, he will put in a claim and it will go on and on and on and the residents that live on top of this field have to suffer
Thomas Lee
Administrator

« Reply #138 on: August 18, 2016, 12:36:03 PM »

So residents quality of life have to be squashed because of this person. This should have been stopped at the beginning, he was refused permission and he is breaking the law, I absolutely despair at the way this is going, he will put in a claim and it will go on and on and on and the residents that live on top of this field have to suffer

I totally agree with the sentiments here. Yes, he probably should have been stopped, but he wasn't. Unfortunately, the planning legislation (which clearly he is well versed in) allows him to get away with this. Ultimately, he will be forced to get rid of the chickens, or so I believe. But between then and now, yes, your quality of life may well be squashed.

I don't know if you were at the Parish council meeting where this was discussed, but Mr Saunders gave a most excellent precis of the law and how Mr Driver can (and probably will) use it to his favour.

I think the only thing the rest of the community can do is to continue to push this issue at both the local and borough level. Civil action I suppose could be helpful - blocking access to the field, etc. The problem with that is, he can call the police to remove you. If,  one was foolish enough to become more violent, that person would almost certainly end up in a cell, whilst Driver will carry on.

Not nice.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 04:45:06 PM by K.J.G. » Logged
James Hatch
Golden Hatch

« Reply #139 on: August 18, 2016, 11:44:15 PM »

Am I right that he fenced off the footpath? If he has, you have every right to have him  re-instate it.
Thomas Lee
Administrator

« Reply #140 on: August 21, 2016, 09:34:19 AM »

Reclaiming the footpath should be OK, but I Am Not A Lawyer. I can only imagine that Driver would call out the constabulary should you attempt this (even if it is within your rights). Whilst the emotional response to lash out at Driver may seem like the only way forward, I would hate to see Driver win more. I know it is sub-optimal, but sadly, successive governments have allowed changes to this country's planning legislation that simply allow Driver to do what he is doing. We HAVE to let the legal process run its course - despite our views. Sadly, in this country, developers seem to have more rights than the residents of the area being spoiled.
monty

« Reply #141 on: August 21, 2016, 10:16:46 AM »

It will be interesting to see what happens - if anything - on 25th August when the enforcement notice comes into force.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
  Print  

Jump to: