Cookham Discussion Board
October 18, 2018, 08:23:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
18 October 2018 - Open Minds - The Teenagers Debating Group

18 October 2018 - Cookham Book Club

20-22 October 2018 - Cookham-St Benoit Twinning 2018

20 October 2018 - Live@the Church

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicken Field  (Read 46938 times)
monty

« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2016, 01:20:18 PM »

21 days that is ridiculous that man is breaking the planning law and they are going to discuss it for 21 days, heaven forbid. Those chickens will be in place by the weekend, mark my words. This man is not going to stop till he gets his way he is so ignorant.
wannabe
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2016, 02:34:57 PM »

It didn't say discuss it said investigate.If the local authority don't follow the rules and use the powers that they have properly any decision they make can be turned over later and possibly compensation paid.
If might be galling and worrying but you have to let those who know what they are doing get on with it.
monty

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2016, 03:00:54 PM »

Well they want to get a shift on.for what has  been going on for the best part of a year why do they want 21 days to investigate. There is nothing to investigate he is breaking a planning law, a decision was made  and he has to abide by it, that is it 
wannabe
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2016, 04:27:35 PM »

Roll Eyes
Paris
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2016, 07:53:54 AM »

From the fact that he's not stopped work since the enforcement team's visit it would look as though he is taking those 21 days as days in which to get as much as possible done and on site with the view that they won't make him take anything away.
Paris
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2016, 10:37:50 AM »

The council need to get their fingers out, there is even more work going on - he appears to be digging trenches now - right through the roots of the old oak trees that border Strande Lane.  If they don't then this field will be ruined forever, I wonder - are they going to let him get away with this because it is easier than fighting it?

I've also heard a rumour, and I hope that's all it is, that he has ordered his chickens for delivery in early August.
monty

« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2016, 01:20:22 PM »

Why oh why is this stupid council doing nothing are they stupid or what
monty

« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2016, 01:24:14 PM »

Have you emailed Susan Sharma re that rumour Paris, it might be worth it although I think it will take an atom bomb to move that lot
Paris
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2016, 02:32:26 PM »

I don't think the council will take too much notice of a rumour, I think harder evidence will be needed.  Besides which I still haven't received any replies to any other of my emails.  Which is why I am starting to think the council are going to let him get away with this. 
monty

« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2016, 02:51:32 PM »

I emailed the planning office and just got the standard reply, nothing else. Its very depressing and frustrating that he is carrying on as though he had permission even though  refused twice, perhaps he doesn't speak English or is just ignorant.
The Baglady

« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2016, 03:31:35 PM »

Monty / Paris ,If you can't get a reply from the planning dept is it worth getting the Advertiser / Nationals out to do a feature on his antics ?
Wouldn't look to good in Mrs Mays constituency.
I've tried ringing them on several occasions in the last couple of days to and no replies.
Bob

« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2016, 03:37:22 PM »

The council need to get their fingers out, there is even more work going on - he appears to be digging trenches now - right through the roots of the old oak trees that border Strande Lane.  If they don't then this field will be ruined forever, I wonder - are they going to let him get away with this because it is easier than fighting it?

Paris, if that's the case, you could ring the Arboricultural dept. at RBWM to get this stopped immediately. I have found them helpful (although you may need to make sure that you speak to the manager in charge) and they usually act fairly quickly.
jcleach

« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2016, 04:25:08 PM »

Fellow chicken fighters,
I spoke to Mr Driver this morning and asked him directly what his plans are and when he plans to bring livestock onto the land.  He didn't answer clearly at all.

I have spoken to the reporter at the Advertiser and I have also e-mailed Mrs May's office.  What we need is the Environment Agency to come down clearly in terms of their opinion on development or non-development (legal definition that Mr Driver is relying on).  His work is clearly going to have an impact on the ability of the field to absorb flood water as well as its displacement.  They have so far not responded to the council's request for an opinion.  I have also contacted them by voicemail and e-mail and had no reply.

Lobbying the EA and Theresa May could well help us here - please do contact them stating the urgency of the situation - there is now a port-a-loo on site. 
Explorer

« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2016, 04:34:27 PM »

My worry is that if we lobby Mrs May on this issue again and again she may look disdainfully upon the villages in the future, perceiving that we are trying to strong arm her during her campaign to be PM.
monty

« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2016, 06:43:50 PM »

Mrs May is our MP she should be looking out for us with this problem with Mr Driver. If she doesn't do it who will
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: