Cookham Discussion Board
October 15, 2018, 05:17:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
18 October 2018 - Open Minds - The Teenagers Debating Group

18 October 2018 - Cookham Book Club

20-22 October 2018 - Cookham-St Benoit Twinning 2018

20 October 2018 - Live@the Church

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Terms of Usage of Discussion Board  (Read 3887 times)
Cookham Webmaster
Administrator

« on: July 27, 2016, 12:34:51 PM »

There have been some personal comments about other users recently which may be contrary to the terms of usage of this board. Can I remind everyone of the terms of usage.

You agree, through your use of the Cookham Discussion forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any British, International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.

Note that it is impossible for the staff or the owners of this forum to confirm the validity of posts. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages, and as such, are not responsible for the content contained within. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of this forum, its staff, its subsidiaries, or this forum's owner. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator or moderator of this forum immediately. The staff and the owner of this forum reserve the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, please realize that they may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.

You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this forum, any related websites to this forum, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.

You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you keep the name appropriate. With this user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password out to another person except an administrator, for your protection and for validity reasons. You also agree to NEVER use another person's account for any reason.  We also HIGHLY recommend you use a complex and unique password for your account, to prevent account theft.

After you register and login to this forum, you will be able to fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information the forum owner or adminstrators determine to be inaccurate or vulgar in nature will be removed, with or without prior notice. Appropriate sanctions may be applicable.

Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this forum or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement.

Also note that the software places a cookie, a text file containing bits of information (such as your username and password), in your browser's cache. This is ONLY used to keep you logged in/out. The software does not collect or send any other form of information to your computer.
Cookie

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 01:34:32 PM »

Thank you for the reminder, Webmaster.
However, whilst I can see the necessity to adhere to Britsh Laws, I'm not so sure that Internaional or US Federal Laws have any relevance?
Watchman

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 02:06:29 PM »

And again, thank you for the reminder.

You made no mention of the repetitive/smug"attempted persuasion by a singular party to the contradiction of several general views"
despite having no proof of observation, as one of the categories for posts made on here .

Having had experience on a couple of well established international Message Boards, in my humble opinion,
this category is one of the most distasteful going, wherein the author of same continually finger points and
derides other users of the Board, chiding them if you like, into doubting their own views, beliefs and wishes,
with, in some cases, causing resignations off Boards as a result.

I willingly submit my apologies for having been outspoken on the matter on another thread and I am also willing to resign from this Board
if the delivery of free speech or the uncontested airing of views is derided or chided repeatedly and allowed to continue unchallenged.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 02:15:18 PM by Watchman » Logged
Thomas Lee
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 04:13:16 PM »

Feel free to indulge your 'right' free speech. But when a post starts to move toward nastiness - that's unacceptable. I have removed one post in another thread for this offence.

You are more than old enough to be able to be negative (which is appropriate to the Chicken Farm issue, for example), but calling names, and being nasty about other people is a bit over the line.#

If you want to be nasty, rude and call names, then yes please do what you threaten. I'd prefer reasoned argument.
Watchman

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 05:55:25 PM »

Your point being reasoned argument.

Not the attitude of someone on here (no name, of course) who continuously berates others for expressing  
opinions on matters which they hold close to their heart.

Do that ie., a one way street as stated above, without recourse from others to counter it (myself) without  being
admonished by the administrators,  and you will have more than just the few on here who are contemplating whether to leave this Board.
Recognise the fact that it is a two way street.

It clearly appears that I am accused of being nasty and rude (when others on here have supported my post/s) so would you be so kind as to email
me with your specific definition/s of "nastiness" and "rudeness" as it might compel me to see the error of my ways!!! 

Grin

« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 06:28:18 PM by Watchman » Logged
Dragonman

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 07:22:08 PM »

Who let Donald Trump in here?
Watchman

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 08:29:08 PM »

Now that's humour!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: