Cookham Discussion Board
June 25, 2018, 08:49:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
26 June 2018 - Cookham Medical Centre Closed for Training - 12.30-6.30pm

26 June 2018 - How to Take Better Pictures

27 June 2018 - The Media Hub 5th Birthday

28 June 2018 - A Patron Saint - James Rawlins from Sothebys

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Armed robery  (Read 13273 times)
CookhamJames
« on: April 24, 2008, 12:02:50 PM »

Did anyone else hear that Country Stores was subject to an armed robery on Wednesday?
me
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 09:58:55 AM »

it was only a matter of time,with the riff raff that the village has been around lately.........people need 2 put people 1st,2nd,last.not profits or political correctness .getting these yobs off our streets is a good start.corals had them hanging around the nite b4,police were called but didnt attend,who knows maybe it wouldnt have happened if they had bothered.
lizzyk

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 11:18:06 AM »

I am sure the armed robbery was nothing to do with the young people of Cookham who hang around the railway station, this was a totally different thing altogether. The young people have as much right as anyone else to hang around the streets. I don't know what the problem was at Corals, which may have been criminal, but I am still bemused otherwise as to what they are supposed to be doing that is against the law.
limpt
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 12:59:07 PM »

lizzyk! Have you never heard of loitering with intent?
lizzyk

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 01:33:18 PM »

limpt, that is exactly my point with intent to do what? Congregating at the train station to talk to their friends?
limpt
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 02:40:40 PM »

lizzyk! This is not the first time you have shown such levels of naivety. What is the matter with you.These yobs are bored most of the time and are looking for trouble in order to keep their small brains occupied.
limpt
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 09:25:51 AM »

Nobody is saying all teenagers are bad but there are quite a few who are social pain in the _ _ _.
In the last week or so i have been witness to spitting,drinking in public,kicking a ball around,and reckless riding on a moped,all in the car park outside the station.
All of these things are against the law.
The yobs/small brains know who they are and my last post was pointed at them and not the majority of teenagers in cookham.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 10:43:25 AM by Cookham Webmaster » Logged
Pongo

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 09:53:12 AM »

Spitting, drinking, riding a moped and kicking a ball around. I must admit I was not aware they were against the law, the England football team better watch out.
limpt
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 01:06:54 PM »

It is ILLEGAL to spit on a public path.It is ILLEGAL to ride a motor vehicle in a reckless fasion.It is ILLEGAL to consume alcohol in public under the age of eighteen.
It is ILLEGAL to play football on a public highway.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 10:43:38 AM by Cookham Webmaster » Logged
CH

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 01:27:52 PM »

I think people are just getting hot under the collar about these kids because they behave in such an antisocial manner.

They act in this way specifically to get attention and a rise out of people.  Are you telling me they don't know that spitting and verbal abuse isn't acceptable behaviour?

Why then are some people on this discussion board surprised and angry at those people who react to them when the kids are actually hoping they will.  Don't be protective of these kids when they behave this way on purpose ... why the sympathy ... some people use these boards to get things off their chest without taking it out on the kids themselves.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 05:04:21 PM by CH » Logged
Jo Jo

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 05:23:35 PM »

limpt, I am afraid spitting in a public place is NOT illegal in this country, neither is playing football in a public place nor is under age drinking unless you are under five years old. It may be your perception that they are riding a moped in a reckless fashion, I have seen some recklessly driven SUVs in Cookham that I am sure could compete with a recklessly driven moped.
limpt
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2008, 09:57:10 AM »

jo jo! you are right about it not being illegal to spit in public. Does that mean you would condone it?
Just because you have seen SUVs driving bad doesn't make it legal.
I refer you back to my previous post which said it is illegal to play football on a public highway.NOT in public.
I think you might find it is illegal to drink in public under 18 without the supervision of an adult.
Local authority laws are put in place for a reason and if you would take the time to look in the car park you will see the signs saying no drinking alcohol,and no ball games so stick that in your pipe smart _ _ _ _
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 05:42:23 PM by Cookham Webmaster » Logged
Pongo

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2008, 01:40:15 PM »

I think we have rather strayed from the original question about the armed robbery, which I understand did happen.
Rob
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008, 05:19:10 PM »

limpt, I am afraid spitting in a public place is NOT illegal in this country, neither is playing football in a public place nor is under age drinking unless you are under five years old. It may be your perception that they are riding a moped in a reckless fashion, I have seen some recklessly driven SUVs in Cookham that I am sure could compete with a recklessly driven moped.

Offences under s5 of the Public Order Act 1986
Section 5 makes it a criminal offence to use threatening, abusive, insulting words or behaviour or disorderly behaviour within the hearing or sight of a person likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress by that behaviour. There must be a victim present at the scene for this offence to be made out.

Disorderly behaviour includes:

causing a disturbance in a residential area;
persistently shouting abuse or obscenities at passers-by;
rowdy behaviour in a street late at night;
using slogans or language that cause distress.
Threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour includes:

threats or abuse directed at individuals carrying out public service duties;
throwing missiles;
minor violence or threats of violence;
incidents between neighbours that do not justify a charge of assault;
an individual who is picked on by a gang where the behaviour does not justify an assault charge.
Before the police have the power to arrest a person for this offence, the offender must first be warned about the behaviour and can only be arrested if the behaviour is repeated. The offence is a summary only offence punishable by a Level 3 fine in the magistrates' court or a penalty notice for disorder (PND) where appropriate.

I think that covers it...........
Jo Jo

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2008, 05:52:12 PM »

Rob, the only person it seems that is guilty of abusive or insulting words in this discussion is limpt, also I have been caused distress by limpt's words, see above. Does that mean limpt is in contravention of the Public Order Act 1986?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: