Cookham Discussion Board
April 19, 2018, 12:55:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
19 April 2018 - Open Minds - The Teenagers Debating Group

22 April 2018 - Odney Club - Open Garden

24 April 2018 - Give Blood at the Pinder Hall

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crossing across B4447 in Cookham  (Read 1772 times)
ajs17

« on: November 14, 2016, 06:10:13 PM »

I have started an e-petition proposing the B4447 to be slowed and a crossing put in where Cannondown Road meets Maidenhead Road. For residents of Southwood Gardens and children in Cookham who attend Furze Platt Secondary School, crossing this road can be a scary and dangerous experience. If the road was slowed to 30 mph (as it has been the other side of the railway bridge) and a crossing or island put in the road, this would make this road much safer to cross.
If you agree with me, please add your name to my petition on http://petitions.rbwm.gov.uk/cookhamcrossing/.
wannabe
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 10:41:32 PM »

Signed it. The part about the 30mph approach to the bridge from Maidenhead  is in error. The limit is already 30MPH.
localmum

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 06:04:30 PM »

Only when you get close to the bridge, there is a long stretch from the crossroads with Long Lane that is 40 mph.
ajs17

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 11:52:02 AM »

Yesterday they started to change the speed limits on the roads around us (thanks to repeated contact by one of my neighbors with a councillor). Long Lane has been changed to 30mph and part of Cannondown Road has changed to 30mph - although it's all a bit confusing along there at the moment. Maybe it's a work in progress. Anyway, let's hope this is the start of a review of the roads in this area and keep the pressure up for a crossing by getting as many people as possible to sign up!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: