Cookham Discussion Board
September 25, 2018, 07:12:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
25 September 2018 - Cookham Medical Centre Closed for Training - 12.30-6.30pm

27 September 2018 - Return of the Vaughan at the Cricket Club

3 October 2018 - Oxfam Coffee Morning with Claire Tomlin

4 October 2018 - Monumental Activity at Riding Court Farm, Datchet

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicken farm  (Read 14046 times)
monty

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2017, 01:38:06 PM »

Pig farm as well anyones guess. He is selling eggs on his web site and with  a local delivery person. He is well settled in his business. I just give up
Cat

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2017, 10:31:14 AM »

Hi Monty

I'm not sure if the following can be of any value to you. It is taken from the House of Commons Library 2014 and is a paper written about Local Planning Laws:

Enforcement action is discretionary and local planning authorities are told to act
proportionally in responding to suspected breaches of planning control. For example a local
planning authority may decide not to take enforcement action if it believes that a
development would have been granted planning permission. There are often many
complaints about lack of enforcement action. In certain circumstances it is possible to
complain to the Local Government Ombudsman that the local planning authority has failed to
take enforcement action.
jcleach

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2017, 03:02:04 PM »

Update

Today several lorry loads of a hard standing have been delivered. Residents believe it to be tarmac scalpings which are not thought to be permeable.

The council have been informed and their enforcement officer will be assessing.
monty

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2017, 09:05:41 PM »

???It goes on and on  Cool
The Baglady

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2017, 02:03:01 PM »

Assessing 😡 if previous events are anything to go by this just means carry on and do what you like !!
monty

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2017, 03:59:53 PM »

His little digger was working a treat this morning. Angry
jcleach

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2017, 07:15:30 PM »

The enforcement officer considers that whatever is being laid down to be permeable and therefore not enforceable.
Watchman

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2017, 10:19:39 PM »

Having followed this saga for what seems like an eternity now, I only have one comment to make.

This chicken farmer has run the officers, councillors and lawyers of the RBWM absolutely ragged

I remember being chided by the "Webmaster General" for making disparaging remarks about the RBWM's limp-wristed 'actions'
and then having my knuckles rapped by his regal adjoinder "The Council will have this mess sorted out within the month"...

Six months later ... and that poor misinformed anonymous webmaster and all and sundry have been made the laughing stock.

I am sorry for your plight monty, I really am.
It must be terribly depressing being witness to something which you were falsely promised would be nipped in the bud.

Cages, fencing, hard standing, advertisements for selling eggs ... I have to say, this guy could yet make a Chess Grandmaster.

Meanwhile, the sterile RBWM stand by looking on in both awe and envy!

PS -
And these are the guys (RBWM) we trust with protecting our Greenbelt from the hungry developers ....
Dream on people ...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 10:23:26 PM by Watchman » Logged
monty

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2017, 10:43:42 PM »

It is heartbreaking to see this carrying on and nothing happening to stop it. I feel so sorry for the residents of Strande View Walk having to loo at this travestry day by day. He is sticking his fingers up to everyone   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
jcleach

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2017, 11:25:12 AM »

The Planning Inspector has upheld the enforcement decision taken by the council on the 36m.

This is a tremendous result.
monty

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2017, 11:35:28 AM »

I am afraid I am not sure what that means - are they removing him from there or is he getting permission to do a smaller operation.
jcleach

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2017, 12:24:22 PM »

Sorry - the Planning Inspector has found in favour of the council's decision to enforce on the 36 m polytunnel deeming it to be development.

The landowner is now required to remove this structure.  I am not aware of timescales.

We now await the appeal process which is going through on the shipping container.

The timber sheds remain under analysis by the council.

There is no doubt that this is a very positive outcome.
monty

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2017, 01:16:51 PM »

Thank you very much for explaining, it seems a lot more positive
Watchman

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2017, 04:01:03 PM »

I applaud jcleach's faith in the RBWM's rumbling-on proceedings!

But the reality of this chicken escapade - which began life as a tiny scare and escalated rapidly into a life affecting monstrosity
for those who live in its vicinity - is very far from the myths from and beliefs of both the RBWM and their enforcement officers!

For the mere sake of those local to this chicken coop, I sincerely hope your "very positive" outcome becomes reality, jcleach!

Being absolutely pragmatic, however .... I somehow doubt that very much.

Ian64

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2017, 06:40:21 PM »

Excellent news and thanks to all those involved in the fight, in particular to Cllr Saunders who spent considerable time and effort on this issue. Hopefully Mr Driver will get the message and remove his chickens.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: