Cookham Discussion Board
November 20, 2017, 12:33:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
21 November 2017 - The Media Hubb Introducing Sandra Martin

21 November 2017 - Cookham Surgery Closed 12.30pm - reopens 22nd 8.00am

25 November 2017 - Winter Wonderland Ball

3 December 2017 - Advent Carols by Candlelight at Holy Trinity

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WANTED PARISH ADMINISTRATOR  (Read 741 times)
Cookham Webmaster
Administrator

« on: July 07, 2017, 03:59:10 PM »

PARISH ADMINISTRATOR
The Benefice of the Cookhams is looking for a Parish Administrator to assist in the running of two active Parishes, Holy Trinity, Cookham, and St John the Baptist, Cookham Dean.

Working from an office at Holy Trinity, Cookham, the Parish Administrator provides administrative support to the Benefice Ministry Team and to the Parochial Church Councils of the two parishes. He/she acts as the first point of contact for people seeking help or advice about church matters and also handles bookings for the busy Parish Centre at Holy Trinity.

Candidates will need to demonstrate the ability to deal positively and sympathetically with a wide range of people, to run orderly office systems and to exercise initiative in prioritising work at busy times. The Administrator needs to use Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel and Publisher and to initiate and produce a wide range of printed material from the Benefice’s Ricoh printer. Training can be provided but previous experience would be a definite advantage. Knowledge and understanding of the Christian Faith are key and active membership of the Church of England is desirable.

The normal working hours are 09.00 – 13.00hrs, Monday to Friday, with 20 days annual paid holiday entitlement. A work-place pension scheme is provided.

To register your interest in the position, or to find out more, please contact Mike Clark, by post to The Parish Office, Churchgate, Sutton Road, Cookham, SL6 9SP, via e-mail to pefc@tapestryoflife.co.uk, or on 01628 530047. Final applications for the position need to be submitted in writing by Monday 14 August.
Paris

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 01:15:33 PM »

Now I'm not normally a politically correct type of person, and I can see why being a member of the Christian faith would be important in this job, but isn't it discriminatory to put such a thing in a job advert?
Roger

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 02:56:04 PM »

They only say it is desirable. Just like saying having a driving licence is desirable. They are not saying they MUST be a member of the Christian faith.
Watchman

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 04:35:05 PM »

Now I'm not normally a politically correct type of person, and I can see why being a member of the Christian faith would be important in this job, but isn't it discriminatory to put such a thing in a job advert?

The give away is in the definition .... Church Of England Parishes ...

Go figure!
Paris

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 01:42:10 PM »

Watchman, I did say I understood why it would be desirable, but it also says key to the position, which basically could be taken as don't bother if you're not if the Christian faith, therefore could be taken as discriminatory.

Anyway I'm not arguing about it. To me it's not right and that's that. Perfectly good administrators may have been put off applying because they're not of any faith, like probably the vast majority of people these days.
Watchman

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 05:23:08 PM »

Point taken, Paris.

However, being of the faith, to me it is perfectly in order to direct the advertisement at Christians rather than
attempting to keep the PC Brigade on-side by directing it at the masses as, equally, there are people of the
C of E faith that would also make perfectly good administrators.

Whether regarded as discriminatory or not, this is a job in the Holy Trinity Parish office dealing specifically
with Church of England business.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: