Cookham Discussion Board
October 17, 2017, 02:11:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
26 October 2017 - Pinder Hall AGM including free nibbles and Drinks

19 October 2017 - Open Minds The Teenagers' Debating Group

20 October 2017 - Classic Rock at Cookham Dean Cricket Club

20 October 2017 - Social Dance Club

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Lower Mount Farm  (Read 2092 times)
simonjamesturner

« on: July 25, 2017, 10:46:34 AM »

And so the long term plan to incorporate Cookham into Maidenhead (a la Cox Green) begins.

http://www.maidenhead-advertiser.co.uk/gallery/cookhams/118382/appeal-launched-over-bid-to-convert-cookham-rise-greenbelt-building-into-house.html?refresh_ce
CLIPPER

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 12:32:44 PM »

Oh here we go AGAIN - are we surprised HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh??

Which BARNS??

Those up by the PIG TRACK  / Bridle Way 19 that locals did not support riders to keep as a dirt track ....... a surface (also paid for by tax payers money) that can be used as a road... NOT even the Cookham society helped support keeping this track as DIRT..( painted by SIR Stanley Spencer). Small narrow minded people.

Or is it the barns where the Bridle Shop is.. / or is it the Barns where Equestrian World is.... which buildings / barns.. there are so many owned that 'surprise , surprise' can be converted.

WHY are some barns converted to shops... and then new barns built elsewhere to accommodate the agricultural use? Land banking?Huh?

I'm disappointed - lets stand back and see what these Cllrs are going to do about it?
CLIPPER

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 12:33:51 PM »

Wasn't planning permission to convert what they call the 'Pump House' (small metal building) in Kennel Lane into a house  recently approved?

Kennel lane was a narrow foot path.. soon to be a road?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 12:49:16 PM by CLIPPER » Logged
Ian64

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 08:17:22 PM »

RBWM refused the Kennel Lane application but it was approved on appeal by the Planning Inspectorate.
monty

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 08:44:38 PM »

Residents opinions count for nothing now I think it is so sad the way things are going. - money
simonjamesturner

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 08:54:49 PM »

As Iíve said on previous occasions on this board, whilst we residents worry about infill developments, like the pony field, the real battle will be trying to keep the green belt between Cookham and Maidenhead undeveloped. The Mount Farm application is right in the middle of this belt and can only lead to more applications in the future. Interestingly our local estate agents, Pike, Smith & Kemp appear to be acting as agents for Mr Copas on this application, at least according to the planning appeal.
monty

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 09:15:24 PM »

We need to keep fighting these developers who trying to destroy our village and surroundings. Cookham cannot support any more houses etc the surgery and schools are stretched,, the parking in the village is horrendous and to have any extra people cars etc is not an option. Somebody please sit up and speak out and stop this overkill of our village. Some people may say I am over reacting but this is my home and I hate to see what is happening to it
Watchman

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2017, 11:08:01 PM »

The only way forward is to vote all these councillors out of office and start completely afresh.
Preferably have a hung council chamber where there is no one majority party.

So roll on the next council elections where the sincere hope is that voters remember the mess these particular councillors
have effectively created, encouraged and manifested by their unencumbered and unopposed actions, which in the vast
majority of cases, especially selective housing policy, has been against the will of the people who voted them in and
whom they now falsely claim to represent.  What it boils down to is that it is now all a SHAM.

And it is, when all is said and done, all about money.

It also begs the question :
Why are long-serving Conservative councillors abandoning their party (led by Dudley) and crossing the floor to sit as Independents?
Something in York Road must surely be rotten.

simonjamesturner

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 10:40:42 AM »

There is also an application to convert barns and sheds to offices on the same site at Lower Mount Farm.

Whilst I wouldn't want to suggest that this is the situation at Lower Mount Farm, coming from a west country farming family myself, let me tell you how it's done in Devon.

1. Build barn
2. Convert barn to industrial use
3. Convert industrial unit to shop or offices
4. Open a business in the premises that you know will fail
5. Wait 3-5 years
6. Convert to a high end residential use (single large house)
7. Claim that the village boundary has now been extended
8. Infill the area between the converted 'barn' with cheap low quality housing
9. Quickly move self and family to another area

CLIPPER

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2017, 11:32:40 AM »

What is it with this person wanting to erode every corner section of Cookham?

The planners need a kick up the back side and wake up to planning applications for Agricultural Barns and anticipate the 'ear-marking' of these buildings for the future.

Its like having your own pension pot maturing.

Interesting about the estate agents, sort of explains when you look at 'Right-Move' on line for Cookham, properties for Maidenhead pop up also...  :/

chiko7831.

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2017, 07:49:04 PM »

Its on the agenda to be discussed at the Cookham Parish Council meeting 1 August, come along and your say.

http://www.cookhamparishcouncil.org.uk/wa_files/Council_20Agenda_20-_201st_20Aug_202017_20website.pdf
simonjamesturner

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2017, 07:48:37 AM »

A good idea, but ultimately it wonít matter. The Parish council will reject the application as will the Maidenhead council. But it will be granted on appeal anyway. The persons making the application will have allowed for all this to occur in their planning timeline.
Watchman

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2017, 09:48:20 AM »

So Copas does it again!
Bravo the gentleman farmer who cares so very much about the Green Belt....
Not.

It's not WHAT you know in this life ... it's WHO you know.
Paris

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2017, 01:08:09 PM »

Very true watchman. I thought that about the Canon Court/bridleway 19 fiasco and Woodlands as well.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 01:14:35 PM by Paris » Logged
localmum

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2017, 04:29:10 PM »

And right next to the proposed spot for 250 houses is the land where earthworks have been going on to level the land for 'sports pitches' for the council to have use of.  If those ever get used for sports I'll be amazed, but on the off chance they do I still give it five years before the application goes in to build houses there.

This land is next to the land behind Whyteladys lane where he keeps being rejected for house building, and that joins up with the kennel lane development at the far end.  This will all be housing soon enough.

And who knows what is going on in that hidden area behind equine world.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: