Cookham Discussion Board
September 23, 2018, 04:31:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
22 September 2018 - Live@the Church

25 September 2018 - Cookham Medical Centre Closed for Training - 12.30-6.30pm

27 September 2018 - Return of the Vaughan at the Cricket Club

3 October 2018 - Oxfam Coffee Morning with Claire Tomlin

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crime Update Monday  (Read 436 times)
Thames Valley Police

« on: July 31, 2017, 04:06:10 PM »

MAIDENHEAD CENTRAL:
maidenheadcentralnhpt@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk
29/7  Saturday 4.30 p.m. / 9 p.m.  Arun House, Kidwells Close.  Burglary.  Entry via rear window - LEFT OPEN.  iPad and kindle stolen.
26/7 - 28/7  Wednesday 8 p.m. / Friday midnight.  Farm, Long Lane.  Burglary.  Barn door forced open.  The thieves carried out a full search and then moved 2 cars out of the barn.  They then stole 3 other cars.
One of the cars was used in a crime in Beaconsfield.  The police attended and  there was a pursuit.  The car crashed trapping the driver, who had to be cut out.  3 men have now been arrested upon suspicion of burglary non dwelling.

RIVERSIDE & BELMONT:
NO CRIME TO REPORT.

MAIDENHEAD WEST
maidenheadwestnhpt@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk
BISHAM, COOKHAM, HURLEY, THE WALTHAMS, LITTLEWICK GREEN & KNOWL HILL:
NO CRIME TO REPORT.

PINKNEYS GREEN & FURZE PLATT:
29/7  Saturday 1 a.m. / 7 a.m.  Murrin Road.  CAR ENTERED BY UNKNOWN MEANS - Buggy stolen from the boot.

MAIDENHEAD SOUTH
maidenheadsouthnhpt@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk
BOYN HILL, COX GREEN & WOODLANDS PARK:
28/7 - 29/7  Friday 11.20 p.m. / Saturday 10 a.m.  Badger Close.  Front garden fence damaged.  Posts are out of the ground and panels broken.

OLDFIELD & BRAY:
NO CRIME TO REPORT.

‘You can play your part in helping to tackle the terrorist threat facing the UK’.

‘Everyone, from law enforcement, to businesses, to the general public, has a role to play in keeping the UK safe from terrorism and to effectively combat the threat.  Everyone needs to work together.  Our aim, is to encourage people to be more vigilant – ‘if you suspect it, report it’ – please report all suspicious activity to the confidential Anti-Terrorist Hotline on 0800 789 321’.

‘For more information follow this link: https://act.campaign.gov.uk/

P.S.

FIRST A WARNING ABOUT OUTSIDE MAIL BOXES:

Hi

Would like to bring everyone's attention to what happened to our son recently as a warning. He got a communication from the Halifax regarding a new credit card account in his name. This was nothing to do with him he doesn't even have a Halifax account, but someone had used all his personal details to open up a new credit card account with Halifax. This new card was sent to my sons home address but these people then stole the card out of his outside mailbox and used it.

The warning is anyone who has an outside mailbox is vulnerable as thieves can access their post for their own means. Please check your outside mailbox to make sure that thieves cannot access your mail.

Angela

Excellent advice.  Everyone needs to keep a strict eye on post - either strange letters arriving - or mail going missing, or taking longer than expected, to arrive !  Both need to be addressed immediately.

NEXT:  A SCAM FROM BILL:

An email - unaddressed - Final Notice of your package.  Apparently Bill has been unable to collect his package from the National UK Lottery !!!It is a package in a golden metal box valued at $5,316,000 !

You don’t need to read the rest !  They ask HIM TO CLICK ON THE LINK and provide them with all sorts of personal information including occupation etc.etc.etc.

DON’T DO IT

MORE ABOUT ‘COLD CALLING’ CHARITY COLLECTORS:

Hi

Firstly, thank you very much for your work sharing this newsletter, I find it very useful to be aware of what is going on in the area.

I am writing about the recent doorstop charity collectors. I had a caller at the door today from the same cancer charity for the second time this month. I informed them of this and told them, as I had told the first caller, that I would not sign up to anything unsolicited at the doorstop.

I would encourage anyone who is frustrated by these approaches to contact the charity directly to discourage this. My concern is that if legitimate charities use this method it also encourages scam callers to do so and may help them appear more genuine. I worry for the vulnerable elderly people in our area receiving these doorstep calls so I have written to the charity in question to tell them this method is not welcome and intrusive. I appreciate they need funds for vital and genuine work but this method is not appreciated.

Kind regards

Irene

This has been a real problem.  I have raised the issues of ‘cold calling’ with several charities.  Each said that it was their most successful method of raising money and they would not stop !

I went through the issues about vulnerable people and they agreed that this was a problem, but they instruct all collectors not to pressurise elderly people.

We do know though, this is often ignored !!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: