Cookham Discussion Board
December 11, 2017, 01:13:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
11 December 2017 - Elizabeth House Talk - Brian Clews, local wildlife expert

12 December 2017 - The Wonderful World of Whisky

16 December 2017 - Christmas Carols Around the Tree

16 December 2017 - Cantorum Choir Candlelight Christmas

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cookham Station – Ticket Office  (Read 666 times)
Aries

« on: September 21, 2017, 08:00:59 AM »

I see that the long promised temporary ticket office has arrived at last.  I was told yesterday, by GWR staff at Maidenhead Station, that all that remains is for it to be connected to mains power,after which it will be operational at the same time slots as the old ticket office.

Don' t get too excited about the attached notice "If closed please use ticket machine on platform 2" - the portacabin came from another station!

Our lovely old ticket office will be repaired and is scheduled to re-open in 19 weeks time (according to same info. source).

[Afterthought - could they re-connect the Millenium Clock at the same time?]
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 08:05:59 AM by Aries » Logged
James Hatch
Golden Hatch

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 04:54:04 PM »

I hope that by saying repaired, that this will not entail a structural change to our 1850's Isambard Kingston Brunel designed building. We have suffered enough already from the mad works of one Dr. Beeching! Yes, please re-connect the village clock.
Lacrimosa
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 10:04:46 PM »

Thanks for the update, Aries, good to know. Earlier in the month, I’d overheard a ticket-seller saying that we’d be getting a ticket machine by end September, so I’m pleased to hear she might have been mistaken about that! If a ticket machine were to be installed, I suspect the ticket office and waiting room would never reopen.

So 19 weeks makes that around, hmmmmm, early February? Look like we’re in for a chilly winter, folks.
Bagheera

e tenebris lux

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 05:35:46 PM »

I wonder how many confused visitors will look for platform 2.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: