Cookham Discussion Board
May 27, 2018, 08:47:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
31 May 2018 - Wine and Cheese and Wildlife Photography Talk

2 June 2018 -  Cookham Gardens - Gardens Open

2 June 2018 -  Pop Up Sri Lanken Restaurant at the Old Butchers

8 June 2018 -  Beginners Ballroom and Latin Dance Class

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Your chance to have a say on town centre regeneration proposals....  (Read 1564 times)
Cookham Webmaster
Administrator

« on: January 05, 2018, 07:35:21 PM »

2018 will be an exciting year for Maidenhead town centre with regeneration plans progressing and new developments starting. This month will see the start of Phase 3 of the Chapel Arches development in the town with the demolition of the Colonnade and wing of Hines Meadow car park to make way for the new development. There are also two public consultation events taking place for the York Road site and the Landing ahead of planning applications being submitted in the Spring.

http://mailchi.mp/0f7e266676b8/maidenhead-regeneration-have-your-say?e=912cee521d
monty

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 01:27:29 PM »

The Maidenhead I grew up in has gone andI feel sad about this, what is going up in its place has no character and no style. I only go into Maidenhead to go to go to the bank and come out as quickly as possible. If I need a town with SHOPS in it I go to Marlow. There must be a lot of people of my age 70 plus, who can remember when Maidenhead was a busy town with loads of shops two cinemas a large bus station with buses that actually ran all evening. The office blocks that have been built are so ugly. By the time the destruction is complete I will have shuffled of this mortal coil.
monty

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 02:54:25 PM »

All this change because of crossrail, people who will buy properties here but will  not shop here. They go to London etc everyday why bother with a little = and I mean little town like Maidenhead. So sad !!!! end of an era Huh
Paris

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 09:44:40 AM »

You are quite right Monty, Maidenhead is a shadow of its former self and you only have to look at the depressed expressions on the faces of the shoppers that there are to see they are only there because they have to be.
monty

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 03:27:13 PM »

Just a bit to add to the rant. Those dreadful terraced houses on the Skindles site Tiddly little garden, my garden is twice the size of that and they are selling for nearly £1,000.000 pounds'. Leaves you speechless.
James Hatch
Golden Hatch

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 09:26:22 PM »

Yes I agree Monty as  long as they don't turn their eyes northward. It seems they have poor memories or poor record keeping that in 1947 the whole bottom floor of Skindles, better known as "Swindles!" was flooded Thank God a lot of Cookham is in a flood plain area. Remember the floods of the 1800's and 1947 will reoccur again, and there is no way of preventing it.

Yes, I'm back from my Maori Christmas on the island of Rarotonga in the Cook Islands. Which you can find on Google Earth and punch in Rarotonga.
Paris

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 12:01:56 PM »

James, never mind the 1800s and 1947, the last flood in Cookham (2014 if my memory is right) saw the army being called in to assist, and before you ask it was because it almost reached 1947 levels and if it hadn't finally stopped raining, the Environment Agency expected the level to go even higher than in that year.  Lots of people had to move out of their homes and there were mobile toilets and showers provided in some parts for use by resident who could stay but could not use their normal facilities.
EUWAVE

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2018, 12:28:33 PM »

Two points of information. The terraced houses on the Skindles site overlooking the Thames are in fact selling for just under £2 million, go to Berkley Homes website.  Secondly it is highly unlikely this site will flood again as the Jubilee River takes the potential for flooding away from here. It has not flooded in this part of the River since the Jubilee River was opened, even in 2014 it go nowhere near bursting its banks.
simonstendell

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 03:05:17 PM »

Start at £625k https://www.berkeleygroup.co.uk/new-homes/buckinghamshire/taplow/taplow-riverside
So affordable!
EUWAVE

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2018, 06:26:48 PM »

The £625,000 refers to two bed flats wit no river view etc. The 7 "Town Houses" on the original Skindles site are circa £2 million.
monty

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2018, 09:36:00 PM »

Stupid money  Cool
Watchman

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2018, 09:46:13 PM »

The £625,000 refers to two bed flats wit no river view etc. The 7 "Town Houses" on the original Skindles site are circa £2 million.

So all bodes well for the dream of affordable housing in the area then!
Oh, silly me, I forgot, the Berkley homes / Skindle project are across the river in Bucks!
Makes me wonder whether the 250 or so houses pencilled in for the Maidenhead Golf Club acreage will go the same way as the Skindles swindle!

Ho hum ... fear not ....  there's always greenbelt land to pop up a few thousand 'affordable units' ...  
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 09:48:50 PM by Watchman » Logged
EUWAVE

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2018, 11:18:17 AM »

Government guide lines say there must be a minimum of 10% affordable units in any new build. Skindles project is circa 250 units I believe, so that means 25 have to be made available as affordable housing. Some council have higher limits in the region of 15 to 20 percent.
Plane Complainer
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2018, 01:15:17 PM »

In case you're wondering, here's the definition of affordable housing, taken from the glossary of the "National Planning Policy Framework", issued by the government:

Affordable housing: Social rented, affordable rented and intermediate housing,
provided to eligible households whose needs are not met by the market. Eligibility
is determined with regard to local incomes and local house prices. Affordable
housing should include provisions to remain at an affordable price for future
eligible households or for the subsidy to be recycled for alternative affordable
housing provision.
Social rented housing is owned by local authorities and private registered providers
(as defined in section 80 of the Housing and Regeneration Act 2008), for which
guideline target rents are determined through the national rent regime. It may also
be owned by other persons and provided under equivalent rental arrangements to
the above, as agreed with the local authority or with the Homes and Communities
Agency.
Affordable rented housing is let by local authorities or private registered providers
of social housing to households who are eligible for social rented housing.
Affordable Rent is subject to rent controls that require a rent of no more than 80%
of the local market rent (including service charges, where applicable).
Intermediate housing is homes for sale and rent provided at a cost above social
rent, but below market levels subject to the criteria in the Affordable Housing
definition above. These can include shared equity (shared ownership and equity
loans), other low cost homes for sale and intermediate rent, but not affordable
rented housing.
Homes that do not meet the above definition of affordable housing, such as “low
cost market” housing, may not be considered as affordable housing for planning
purposes.

"Local market rent" is the obvious thing that can be bent for purpose here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: