Cookham Discussion Board
November 19, 2018, 10:24:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
24 November 2018 - Community Tree Planting Day

24 November 2018 - Live@the Church

28 November 2018 - Give Blood at the Pinder Hall

1 December 2018 -  Pop Up Sri Lanken Restaurant at the Old Butchers

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A404 Traffic  (Read 1321 times)
chrisri

« on: January 17, 2018, 09:08:53 AM »

Has anyone else noticed the increase in traffic on the A404, on the approach to the Handycross roundabout from Marlow, over the last 6months?
grumpyoldgit

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 11:07:47 AM »

It varies by time of day and day of the week, as you would expect - but yes, I think the queues up to the HC roundabout are longer than they used to be. And I believe there's a simple answer; I use this route quite often, and my perception of the problem is that the green light period for this stream of traffic (all 3 lanes of it) has been significantly shortened. Don't know who one might contact to see if this can be addressed, and don't know why it was done - perhaps the previous scheme caused long queues elsewhere?
chrisri

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 11:13:53 AM »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have contacted 'info@highwaysengland.co.uk' to get an answer but nothing yet. Perhaps lobbying from several people might make them consider the issue more seriously. Its a shame that they have done the good work of adding the slip road for the M40 but then rendered this useless by having the light sequence so short that the traffic queues back beyond slip road entry!
tudorrose

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 11:40:20 AM »

Also just seen this on FB for anyone who uses this route:

If you are planning to travel via Handy Cross roundabout over the weekend in February and March, here’s some important information.

Resurfacing work will be taking place and the roundabout and all slip roads and approaches will be shut from 9pm on the Friday to 5am on the Monday on the following weekends:
• 16 to 19 February
• 23 to 26 February
• 2 to 5 March

M40 traffic will be diverted from Junctions 3 and 5 along the A40, and there will be rerouting for southbound traffic.

This has the potential to create significant disruption to anyone living, working or planning a visit to the areas affected

The work is being carried out by Kier Ltd on behalf of Highways England.

https://www.facebook.com/wycombedistrictcouncil/photos/pcb.259086354626789/259085631293528/?type=3&theater&ifg=1
Bagheera

e tenebris lux

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 10:28:29 AM »

M40 traffic will be diverted from Junctions 3 and 5 along the A40, and there will take rerouting for southbound traffic.

My understanding is that through traffic will remain on the M40 as it is only the Handy Cross roundabout and slip roads that are affected.

Clearly we can go through Bourne End to join the M40 at Loudwater or Beaconsfield if heading South East.

If heading towards Oxford it is probably easier to take the B482 from Marlow to Stokenchurch but be aware of the electronic highwaymen as you leave Marlow on the way out and as you leave Lane End on the way back.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: