Cookham Discussion Board
September 20, 2018, 10:20:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
20 September 2018 - The Boxford Mosaic

20 September 2018 - Cookham Book Club

22 September 2018 - Live@the Church

25 September 2018 - Cookham Medical Centre Closed for Training - 12.30-6.30pm

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lychees  (Read 765 times)
lizzyk

« on: February 12, 2018, 03:58:52 PM »

I was so pleased Lychees had re-opened and have had some lovely food from them, although they were opening later and later at lunchtimes. I now hear that they will not open until 4.30pm which means no takeaways at lunchtime. Does anyone know what is happening? It seems that there has been just one person who does not speak English recently who seems to be cooking, answering the phone and serving.
Watchman

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 02:42:54 PM »

Welcome back Lychees.

One major problem with the Rise however.
The pong of stale cooking oil from the fish n chips shop can be nauseating, to put it mildly, as it drifts across the area.
Do they not have extractor fans that actually work?
Or are these units shut off so as to allow the "aroma" to drift across the car park and be shared by all ?!
Paris

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 11:22:33 PM »

Suggest you contact environmental health, there should be measures in place on the extractor fans to prevent too many pongs becoming airborne.

I confess, I was a supporter of the fish and chip shop, but that was before they went down market and started offering kebabs and pizza; it was a nice shop then, but it's not any more.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: