Cookham Discussion Board
June 24, 2018, 12:23:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
23 June 2018 - Charity Bake Sale

23 June 2018 - Cookham Dean Primary School Summer Fete

23 June 2018 - Cantorum Choir - Stars of the Summer Night

24 June 2018 - Cookham Dean Charity Croquet and Tennis Tournament

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crime Update - Monday  (Read 256 times)
Thames Valley Police

« on: March 19, 2018, 07:05:49 PM »

First, I would like to announce that we have a new Area Commander responsible to the Royal Borough - Superintendent Colin Hudson.  At the moment he is unique in post, as he is a direct entry from outside, rather than promoted from within.  He spent Friday in this office getting to know us and what we do as an Engagement / Geographic Team.  He spent a long time with me, as he feels you all will play a more important role in his plans for the Police Area, than in the last couple of years.  He really values and see the importance of having 11,000 pairs of eyes and ears out there to assist us !

He has put together a brief biography for me to circulate

My mother was a nurse and my father was in the air force and I was raised largely in Lincolnshire, where there are several RAF bases.  After graduation, I began my career as a research scientist, working on underwater acoustics. I then moved into the telecommunications industry, as an engineer, working on 2G,3G and 4G mobile phone technology research and development.  I was lucky enough to progress well and ran large teams and departments, delivering software and systems solutions, to worldwide customers in the telecoms market.

It’s an industry, where constant change and demanding customers dominate, so I became practiced at delivering projects, whilst having to prioritise, manage technical and commercial risks and deal with a wide variety of people, with different perspectives and issues.

I joined Thames Valley Police in late 2016, after having successfully made it through the difficult selection procedure, for the Direct Entry Scheme.

Since then, I have worked as a response officer in Reading, Slough, Bracknell and Wokingham. It has been a tough year, not only for me, but also for my wife and two young sons. They have had to put up with me not being there for long periods of time and when I have been at home, studying for exams, or completing assignments.

It has been tough, but very rewarding also and I am really pleased to be here in the Windsor and Maidenhead area. I have spent the first couple of weeks meeting police officers, partners and members of the public, to get an understanding of the area, the people and the issues. There are plenty of challenges ahead, but I am looking forward to working hard to make things better.

Supt Colin Hudson

Superintendent Colin Hudson
Local Police Area Commander  | Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead
Maidenhead Police Station, Bridge Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 8LP.

FRAUD CALLS:

I put out a message on Friday about an elderly victim receiving scam call from a man purporting to be her bank’s security team.  They explained that there was fraud going on at the bank, so she was not to discuss anything with them, nor call the police who were also involved.  They asked her to transfer a very large amount from her deposit account into a safe account, where it would be protected.  PCSO Tara Harris has been to see both the victim and the bank.  The bank had questioned the victim when she made the transfer, but she had been primed to answer all their questions correctly and they were not alerted to the fact that it was a fraud and the transaction took place.  It is unlikely that the money can be traced or that she will get it back, as the bank did all the rights things, by questioning the transaction.

Once again can you warn everyone you know that if they get a call from their bank saying there is fraud at their branch, to immediately put the phone down and call the police.  If they are concerned, they can phone their bank, from their own paperwork to question the call.  The scammer panics them into not doing that, by saying the bank staff are all involved in the fraud - as are the police.

I have received a response from Honor Ryan at Trading Standards she has asked me to circulate re ‘Call Blocker Phones’

In relation to the fraud call in your Friday message – if the victim needs a call blocker, then they can have one for free – we promote the True Call phone blockers (not the BT ones) and they are available free for vulnerable people at the moment (previously just those with dementia but now any vulnerable).

www.friendsagainstscams.org.uk/callblocker

Kind regards
Honor Ryan
Trading Standards Officer, Trading Standards Service, Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead, Tinkers Lane, Windsor, SL4 4LR
What an offer - Honor and Trading Standards, do a brilliant job on our behalf.  Again - please pass this on.

Please have a look at the cars broken into below, right across Windsor !  If they had been locked, the break-in may not have taken place.

Can everyone please make sure they lock their cars Huh  If you have a FOB, you must watch for the lights to flash and then try a car door handle - just to make sure.

If you have keyless, don’t just walk away, but make sure the wing mirrors have been retracted.  If the wing mirrors are still out - anyone can see from a distance that the car is unlocked !

MAIDENHEAD CENTRAL:
maidenheadcentralnhpt@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk
17/3  Saturday 0.30 a.m.  Ellington Park.  Car set on fire.
16/3  Friday 7 p.m. / 10 p.m.  Queen Street.  Locked up bike stolen from a bike rack.  Second time.  A white & black man’s mountain bike

RIVERSIDE & BELMONT:
No crime to report.

MAIDENHEAD WEST
maidenheadwestnhpt@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk
BISHAM, COOKHAM, HURLEY, THE WALTHAMS, LITTLEWICK GREEN & KNOWL HILL:
15/3 - 16/3  Thursday 6 p.m. / Friday 8.30 a.m.  Broom Hill, Cookham.  Car entered by unknown means - loose change stolen.
17/3  Saturday 10 a.m. / 12 a.m.  Graham Road, Cookham.  Car entered by unknown means - Credit and debit cards and paperwork stolen.
17/3  Saturday  Midnight / 6.30 a.m.  Graham Road, Cookham.  Car entered by unknown means and searched - Empty Pandora boxes and loose change stolen.

PINKNEYS GREEN & FURZE PLATT:
16/3  Friday midnight / 11.10 p.m.  Heywood Court Close.  House living room window smashed.  The owner believes they heard a stone being thrown.  The outer pane of the double glazing has shattered, but the inside is still intact.

MAIDENHEAD SOUTH
maidenheadsouthnhpt@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk
BOYN HILL, COX GREEN & WOODLANDS PARK:
12/3 - 19/3  Clare Road.  A lighting cable has been pulled out of their external lighting a week ago.  They re-connected it, but it has been pulled out once again.

OLDFIELD & BRAY:
No crime to report.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: