Cookham Discussion Board
September 23, 2018, 02:40:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
22 September 2018 - Live@the Church

25 September 2018 - Cookham Medical Centre Closed for Training - 12.30-6.30pm

27 September 2018 - Return of the Vaughan at the Cricket Club

3 October 2018 - Oxfam Coffee Morning with Claire Tomlin

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cookham's Wild About Gardens Awards  (Read 812 times)
Cookham Webmaster
Administrator

« on: April 06, 2018, 12:56:06 PM »

With Easter behind us and Spring in the air at last, it's time to get busy making our gardens fit for wildlife.  First step is to come to WildCookham's meeting next Thursday, 12th April, to hear about Cookham's Wild About Gardens Awards launched this month, and to get useful ideas and tips from Hilary Phillips of Berks, Bucks and Oxon Wildlife Trust.  The Awards will be presented later this year to local garden owners based on the number of wildlife-friendly features in your garden - and you have between now and the end of June to submit the very simple self-certification form.

You can also get full details about the Awards at the meeting and join up if you wish.
Already there's been a lot of interest in the Awards and the organisers hope that we are on the way to making Cookham a Community that's Proud of its Wildlife!

All details of the meeting are on the WildCookham Meetup site (https://www.meetup.com/WildCookham) or email lpeperell@f2s.com to confirm you plan to attend.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 01:57:18 PM by Cookham Webmaster » Logged
Cookham Webmaster
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 01:47:55 PM »

The competition rules for photos can be seen at

http://cookham.com/cookhamfestival2017/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Wild-About-Cookham-Competition-Rules.pdf

Do send in a photo, you never know you could be the winner!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 01:49:38 PM by Cookham Webmaster » Logged
James Hatch
Golden Hatch

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 03:32:41 PM »

Boy oh boy, it makes me feel very happy to see this competition taking place. Although I myself will not be taking part, I want everyone with a camera to take part, not only for the competition, but all year round. So having said that, "Good Luck.", and get snapping! Remember you can always make a still shot from a video.
James Hatch
Golden Hatch

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 05:19:38 PM »

Here is a sample of nature, though a bumble bee may be easier to take. 

https://youtu.be/WxdM7Z7e-FY

There is sound.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: