Cookham Discussion Board
May 28, 2018, 10:49:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
31 May 2018 - Wine and Cheese and Wildlife Photography Talk

2 June 2018 -  Cookham Gardens - Gardens Open

2 June 2018 -  Pop Up Sri Lanken Restaurant at the Old Butchers

8 June 2018 -  Beginners Ballroom and Latin Dance Class

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre-wedding venues for Prince Harry and Ms Meghan Markle  (Read 347 times)
Thames Valley Police

« on: May 15, 2018, 03:03:28 PM »

Kensington Palace recently announced the pre-wedding venues for Prince Harry and Ms Meghan Markle as the Dorchester Collectionís Coworth Park and the National Trustís Cliveden House respectively.  

It is anticipated that a large number of people will visit these venues in the run up to the big day. We are working to minimise disruption to the local areas, and while itís likely to be busy, there are no planned road closures around these venues.

In preparation for the Royal Wedding, Thames Valley Police has been working with partners to ensure a secure and happy event for everyone. By working together we can help to keep the local community safe. You provide our additional eyes and ears on the ground, so if you see anything suspicious or unusual, please report it to us on 101 or 999 in an emergency.

You can find lots of other useful information about the Royal Wedding on the Thames Valley Police website including videos, frequently asked questions and travel advice. https://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/news/campaigns/policing-royal-wedding/

Message Sent By
Neil Hawkins (Police, Communications Officer, Forcewide)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 03:59:11 PM by Thames Valley Police » Logged
Paris

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 11:24:38 AM »

Being a total pedant here I know - Cliveden Hotel is not the National Trust's - yes the National Trust owns the estate and house, but they do not own or run the hotel business.

Sorry I just needed to get that off my chest; having worked there it is so annoying to keep seeing this same mistake being made in public over and over and over again.
lizzyk

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 05:50:27 PM »

Cliveden is swarming with police and they have set up CCTV on all the approaching roads. I wonder who is paying for that. The grounds are closed on Friday and Saturday which I am sure the National Trust is not too pleased about.
Paris

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 06:49:42 PM »

Lizzy, I expect both the NT and the hotel are being handsomely rewarded for 'exclusive use'. They're quite used to that, or they were during my time there. I don't remember road closures, but I do remember several occasions when the estate was swarming with security, even the staff were briefed on who and what to look out for and how to deal with certain situations.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: