Cookham Discussion Board
October 15, 2018, 07:14:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
18 October 2018 - Open Minds - The Teenagers Debating Group

18 October 2018 - Cookham Book Club

20-22 October 2018 - Cookham-St Benoit Twinning 2018

20 October 2018 - Live@the Church

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Maidenhead at the Movies and Crime Update  (Read 253 times)
Thames Valley Police

« on: August 10, 2018, 06:00:33 PM »

FIRST, I have received a request from Steph James the Maidenhead Town Centre Manager:

Hi

Can I promote ‘Maidenhead at the Movies’ in our next alert ?

It’s a free outdoor cinema event in Kidwells Park.

Here is a link to the web page in case you are able to share http://www.enjoymaidenhead.com/events-and-offers/events/maidenhead-at-the-movies.aspx

Kind Regards

Steph

Steph James
Maidenhead Town Manager
Tel: 01628 796128
http://www.enjoymaidenhead.com

MAIDENHEAD CENTRAL:
maidenheadcentralnhpt@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk
8/8 - 9/8  Wednesday 5 p.m. / Thursday 10.30 a.m.  Ellington Park.  Garage break.  Entry by unknown means - valuable chop saw stolen.
6/8 - 8/8  Monday noon / Wednesday 8.30 a.m.  Moorbridge road.  Flat roofs at the front of the property stripped of their lead.  The building is overlooked - did anyone see or hear anything.
7/8 / 8/8  Tuesday 10.30 a.m. / Wednesday 2.15 p.m.  Station Car Park, Station Road.  Theft of Moped.  A black Honda SH 125  Index OU ** YYT.
8/8  Wednesday 12.15 p.m. / 4 p.m.  King Street.  Bike locked to railings stolen.  A grey, Orange Five, mountain bike.

RIVERSIDE & BELMONT:
9/8  Thursday 6.05 p.m.  Ray Mead Road.  The owner was sitting by the canal path.  Two youths came up, one on a bike.  The other climbed on the bike and pedalled off at speed.  A red hybrid bike, converted into an electric bike

MAIDENHEAD WEST
maidenheadwestnhpt@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk
BISHAM, COOKHAM, HURLEY, THE WALTHAMS, LITTLEWICK GREEN & KNOWL HILL:
Re the electric bike stolen from outside a pub in Cookham -  It is very distinctive !!

9/8  Thursday midnight / 7 a.m.  Littlefield Green, White Waltham.  Batteries stolen from temporary traffic lights on the B3024.
7/8 - 8/8  Tuesday 3 p.m. / Wednesday 3 p.m.  Bainhurst Cottages, Coronation Road, Littlewick Green.  Front & rear car index plates stolen.

PINKNEYS GREEN & FURZE PLATT:
9/8  Wednesday 0.30 a.m. / 1 a.m.  Lancaster Road.  A witness heard a noise and looked out.  3 youths ran off and jumped into a waiting car and drove off at speed in a silver hatchback.  A scooter was found abandoned on its side in the road.

MAIDENHEAD SOUTH
maidenheadsouthnhpt@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk
BOYN HILL, COX GREEN & WOODLANDS PARK:
8/8 - 9/8  Wednesday 7 p.m. / Thursday 9 a.m.  Rutland Road.  Burglary.  House being renovated.  Glass in the front door smashed, to reach in and unlock the door.  Untidy search of the ground floor.  Not yet known if anything stolen.
8/8  Wednesday 7.30 p.m. / 7.55 p.m.  Greenflelds.  Van window smashed.  No attempt to break in.

OLDFIELD & BRAY:
9/8  Thursday 11 p.m.  The Farthingales.  Burglary.  Entry through the front door - Golf Clubs stolen.

MEMBERS’ COMMENTS:

FIRST: can I thank all of you that contribute to ‘MEMBERS’ COMMENTS’.  I get dozens of emails from members, saying how grateful they are and how much they really appreciate the advice and experiences from other members.  It is a constant reminder to keep on their toes and remain alert. - So - Thank you to you all out there - it really works - we can all help each other !

THEN: from Malcolm:

Hi

Just to say, I just had a call from “Jenny at BT Openreach” regarding my internet. I terminated the call immediately.

They don’t give up do they!

I’ve also had several calls with an American female recorded voice claiming my internet is about to be cut off “press one now”.  The fact the threat comes several times without any consequences, says it all.

Malcolm

NEXT:  from Sue

Hi

We have just had a scam call ‘International ‘ of course, but with a very British voice, claiming to be from BT about internet security.

We batted him off by refusing to answer any security questions, until he could explain why he was calling. No surprises - he rang off.

What was disturbing was how convincing he sounded. Can you warn others please?

Many thanks

Sue
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: