Cookham Discussion Board
February 18, 2019, 05:23:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
19 February 2019 - Mental Health in Young People at Pinder Hall

21 February 2019 - Open Minds - The Teenagers Debating Group

21 February 2019 - Cookham Medical Centre Closed for Training - 12.30-6.30pm

22 February 2019 - Elizabeth House Quiz Evening

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Water Meters  (Read 419 times)
Birdman

« on: January 16, 2019, 02:07:44 PM »

I imagine I am not the only one having one of these installed currently.
I was told it was so the water company can measure future usage to ensure adequate supplies and minimum wastage of water etc.

So far, the fountain of water gushing from the broken pipe they have created an hour ago outside my house will have filled its own mini-reservoir! I wonder who ends up paying for that!

More to the point where is it going and what will happen to underground material that is being washed away.

Anyway, when Whyteladyes, Broomhill and Gorse Road have the water turned off very shortly (!) that's the reason why I'm afraid.
Watchman

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 10:24:19 AM »

I had one installed (volunteered) some three years ago and Have had nothing but problems with it since then.
It was supposed to be read from the road via a smart receiver (5 feet away) - but for whatever reason,
the smart receiver never picked up the signals from the meter itself.
So . they blamed the meter, and changed it !

But I continued to get the knock on the door asking "please may I read the meter and oh, by the way, where is it?"
This became a comical farce until it got out of hand when they started sending me "calculated" bills !

Naturally, I complained . so guess what?
They blamed the meter again and changed it again!

Now at last (I think) I have reached a peaceful end to the fiasco well, I haven't heard from them for 5 months!

So be warned all ye folk having meters installed it's not all it's cracked up to be
And oh yes I'm paying less now than I did before the installations!!
Go figure!  

PS - SE Electricity farm out (outsource) the meter reading service to an outside company ... so it's almost a case
of them getting advice/the readings third hand ...
Ian64

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 08:38:50 PM »

My water bill has halved since I've had a meter and never had any issues.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: