Cookham Discussion Board
February 18, 2019, 05:24:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
19 February 2019 - Mental Health in Young People at Pinder Hall

21 February 2019 - Open Minds - The Teenagers Debating Group

21 February 2019 - Cookham Medical Centre Closed for Training - 12.30-6.30pm

22 February 2019 - Elizabeth House Quiz Evening

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ACT NOW - Less than 3 weeks to speak out on Heathrow expansion  (Read 173 times)
Cookham Webmaster
Administrator

« on: February 12, 2019, 12:52:57 PM »

From a Cookham Resident

Motivated by the excellent and informative letter from Cllr Beer in last week’s Viewpoint and concern over the milky transparency of the Heathrow expansion flyer, I attended the Maidenhead Heathrow expansion consultation last week.

My concerns were well founded, and urgent action is needed by everyone including RBWM. Simply put, there will be three quarters of a million  flights with new flight paths but apparently they’ve not settled on them, believe that if you will. They will cover the entirety of the RBWM. The outline “fans” for departures indicate potentially lower trajectory flights (more noise).

However, my main concern was on a board tucked away at the rear of the displays titled “Airspace design principles for expanded Heathrow “. The first five points were requirements such as safety. However, item 6 was the start of the principles guided by the consultation process in 2018.

6b read.” minimise the number of people newly overflown”.    meaning fly more flights over those of us currently affected.

6h read.” prioritising routing flight paths over parks and open spaces”. Meaning your quiet walks along the Thames and parks will be a thing of the past. In my case that’s Cookham.

The above shows that those of us affected have not been as vociferous as those unaffected. The consultation closes on the 4th March. If you want to protect your personal environment, then the website to comment is

www.heathrowconsultation.com

Speak out now or forever hold your peace (until the flights interrupt it).

Finally, RBWM apparently has £150 K earmarked to object. They could have shown leadership if they had posted lamp post banners with “Act Now to Stop runway 3 “ rather than your “ bins are emptied once a week” .
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 01:13:21 PM by Cookham Webmaster » Logged
tudorrose

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 04:45:32 PM »

Thank you for sharing. Have just logged my objection
Cat

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 09:12:55 PM »

Have also logged mine.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: