Cookham Discussion Board
March 21, 2019, 04:37:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
21 March 2019 - Cookham WI Annual Bridge Drive

21 March 2019 - Cookham Book Club

22 March 2019 - Echoes of Swing Big Band in Concert

26 May 2019 - Dawn Chorus Walk

TO REGISTER TO POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD email the Webmaster@cookham.com with a User name you would like. This is due to spammers.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Land for sale at Switchback Road  (Read 499 times)
Cookham Webmaster
Administrator

« on: March 13, 2019, 12:26:41 PM »

(From a Cookham Resident)

All the local residents are worried about the land for sale at Switchback Road . Why not do something about it.  Cookham residents get together and buy this land and turn into wild meadow etc and then we don't have to worry about it getting developed and Cookham becoming part of Maidenhead. Just a thought ?
monty

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 02:51:56 PM »

Sounds like a good idea if you canget peole to support that.  Its heartbreking to see this happening
Watchman

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 03:32:39 PM »

(From a Cookham Resident)

All the local residents are worried about the land for sale at Switchback Road . Why not do something about it.  Cookham residents get together and buy this land and turn into wild meadow etc and then we don't have to worry about it getting developed and Cookham becoming part of Maidenhead. Just a thought ?

Sales Price :  1,150,000 .. which works out at almost 20,000 per acre - that's a hell of a number for Grade 2 arable land!

Going to need some pretty generous benefactors to get this one off the ground!

Me?
I can stump up a hundred any takers?!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 03:45:18 PM by Watchman » Logged
Bathsheba

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 04:30:15 PM »

Yes, that's eye-wateringly expensive perhaps reflecting the eventual development potential.

Although if it was zoned for residential, then it would be worth very much more than that.

I'm sure folk would club together at an asking price of 500,000.

Mac

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 06:21:05 PM »

According to the last census in 2011 Cookham had 5779 residents, which would require 199 to be paid from each and everyone, adults and children included to meet the full asking price.

I guess it will all come down to whether or not anyone has the will to put a crowd funding project together, but I would have thought that the Cookham Society would wish to have a voice in this discussion/debate.

simonjamesturner

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 10:45:20 PM »

At that price (3x the average for the Thames Valley) no farmer could economically buy it. Clearly the intention is to sell to a "connected" developer who'll landbank the plot until he can get planning permission.

My guess is that a claim could be made that building on the first third of the field up to the Malders Lane Junction is actually infill development as the farm conversion to residential use that's going on at the junction of Cannon Court Rd and Malders Lane amounts to an extension of the boundary of Maidenhead out that far.
Watchman

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2019, 10:32:11 AM »

Clearly the intention is to sell to a "connected" developer who'll landbank the plot until he can get planning permission.

In which case watch out for " cattle field shelters" popping up all over the place (where no cattle have ever tread) - as the
precursor to erections on land ahead of planning application submissions.

An age old trick to dupe councillors into accepting that - as no objections were raised against the field shelters being erected -
then it naturally follows that the building of houses on said land would be a given.

A cunning plan - currently in use all over the Cookhams - by a certain resident farmer who will remain nameless.

All that's needed is patience .
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: